Long term use of Clavasceptin

Breed: greyhound
Dear Dr Marie,

Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney infection in January and has been taking Clavaseptin 250mg daily since then. She has had further tests/scan, of which we are awaiting results, however, we have been told she will need to take antibiotics for a further 3 months - Clavaseptin to be reviewed after 1 month. Can you advise of any long term effects of this treatment or any concerns we should be aware of?

Kind regards and thank you (in anticipation of a response).

Kind regards.

I have had many animals on Clavasceptin for several weeks or even months if necessary with no ill effects.

Sometimes a serious kidney infection will indeed need a long course of antibiotics.

I don't anticipate any problems with using the medicine long term!

Hope all goes well!

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12197 views)

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (4727 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (12723 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (13659 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5156 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (6411 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (25806 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4751 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (15192 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (8824 views)