Long term use of Clavasceptin

Breed: greyhound
Dear Dr Marie,

Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney infection in January and has been taking Clavaseptin 250mg daily since then. She has had further tests/scan, of which we are awaiting results, however, we have been told she will need to take antibiotics for a further 3 months - Clavaseptin to be reviewed after 1 month. Can you advise of any long term effects of this treatment or any concerns we should be aware of?

Kind regards and thank you (in anticipation of a response).

Kind regards.

I have had many animals on Clavasceptin for several weeks or even months if necessary with no ill effects.

Sometimes a serious kidney infection will indeed need a long course of antibiotics.

I don't anticipate any problems with using the medicine long term!

Hope all goes well!

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12890 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (27420 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (10084 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18737 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (14153 views)

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (47024 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (68703 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (8343 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (5050 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17704 views)