Long term use of Clavasceptin

Breed: greyhound
Dear Dr Marie,

Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney infection in January and has been taking Clavaseptin 250mg daily since then. She has had further tests/scan, of which we are awaiting results, however, we have been told she will need to take antibiotics for a further 3 months - Clavaseptin to be reviewed after 1 month. Can you advise of any long term effects of this treatment or any concerns we should be aware of?

Kind regards and thank you (in anticipation of a response).

Kind regards.

I have had many animals on Clavasceptin for several weeks or even months if necessary with no ill effects.

Sometimes a serious kidney infection will indeed need a long course of antibiotics.

I don't anticipate any problems with using the medicine long term!

Hope all goes well!

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13835 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (30954 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8051 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (56230 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (22921 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24210 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11213 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6227 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (11026 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (7099 views)