Long term use of Clavasceptin

Breed: greyhound
Dear Dr Marie,

Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney infection in January and has been taking Clavaseptin 250mg daily since then. She has had further tests/scan, of which we are awaiting results, however, we have been told she will need to take antibiotics for a further 3 months - Clavaseptin to be reviewed after 1 month. Can you advise of any long term effects of this treatment or any concerns we should be aware of?

Kind regards and thank you (in anticipation of a response).

Kind regards.

I have had many animals on Clavasceptin for several weeks or even months if necessary with no ill effects.

Sometimes a serious kidney infection will indeed need a long course of antibiotics.

I don't anticipate any problems with using the medicine long term!

Hope all goes well!

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (26085 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (6439 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (8533 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (42628 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7229 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (13156 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14200 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (17556 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14701 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (6212 views)