Peeing on blankets.

Breed: French Bulldog
We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now will pee on the blankets and pillows on the couch occasionally(with a week or two between). Most of the time it is when we have gone out or when we are asleep. She is on a regular routine where we take her out once in the morning once in the evening and once at night.

She was only spayed a year ago at the age of 4 so she still tends to mark a lot. I don't know whether to stop her from marking outside or if I should just let her get it out of her system. I just wanted to know whether she is trying to get attention or if she is marking.

Thanks
Jodi

There's a good chance that Ginger's got something called USMI. It's quite common, so I wrote an article to explain what it is and how it is treated:

USMI in dogs.

Your vet will want to do a urinalysis to rule out other problems, but I'm guessing this will end up being USMI.

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (7513 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (11685 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (16156 views)

Kittens with diarrhea We have kept the 5 kittens born to our momma cat. [they will be "fixed" when it is... (9573 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (45062 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (7747 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (54668 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (29443 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (7548 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (12787 views)