Peeing on blankets.

Breed: French Bulldog
We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now will pee on the blankets and pillows on the couch occasionally(with a week or two between). Most of the time it is when we have gone out or when we are asleep. She is on a regular routine where we take her out once in the morning once in the evening and once at night.

She was only spayed a year ago at the age of 4 so she still tends to mark a lot. I don't know whether to stop her from marking outside or if I should just let her get it out of her system. I just wanted to know whether she is trying to get attention or if she is marking.

Thanks
Jodi

There's a good chance that Ginger's got something called USMI. It's quite common, so I wrote an article to explain what it is and how it is treated:

USMI in dogs.

Your vet will want to do a urinalysis to rule out other problems, but I'm guessing this will end up being USMI.

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (8918 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (84289 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (45874 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (49248 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (7828 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (29748 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (10928 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (13718 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (7025 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (6403 views)