Peeing on blankets.

Breed: French Bulldog
We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now will pee on the blankets and pillows on the couch occasionally(with a week or two between). Most of the time it is when we have gone out or when we are asleep. She is on a regular routine where we take her out once in the morning once in the evening and once at night.

She was only spayed a year ago at the age of 4 so she still tends to mark a lot. I don't know whether to stop her from marking outside or if I should just let her get it out of her system. I just wanted to know whether she is trying to get attention or if she is marking.

Thanks
Jodi

There's a good chance that Ginger's got something called USMI. It's quite common, so I wrote an article to explain what it is and how it is treated:

USMI in dogs.

Your vet will want to do a urinalysis to rule out other problems, but I'm guessing this will end up being USMI.

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (27868 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (11649 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (6467 views)

Home remedy for ear infection? Hello, My golden bailey was sprayed by a skunk in September, his shots are up to... (14829 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (6705 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (29568 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (11663 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (14983 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (9291 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (62143 views)