Peeing on blankets.

Breed: French Bulldog
We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now will pee on the blankets and pillows on the couch occasionally(with a week or two between). Most of the time it is when we have gone out or when we are asleep. She is on a regular routine where we take her out once in the morning once in the evening and once at night.

She was only spayed a year ago at the age of 4 so she still tends to mark a lot. I don't know whether to stop her from marking outside or if I should just let her get it out of her system. I just wanted to know whether she is trying to get attention or if she is marking.

Thanks
Jodi

There's a good chance that Ginger's got something called USMI. It's quite common, so I wrote an article to explain what it is and how it is treated:

USMI in dogs.

Your vet will want to do a urinalysis to rule out other problems, but I'm guessing this will end up being USMI.

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (13159 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (35912 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (42475 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (9128 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (41292 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (7824 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (20946 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (12657 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (32449 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (15024 views)