Peeing on blankets.

Breed: French Bulldog
We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now will pee on the blankets and pillows on the couch occasionally(with a week or two between). Most of the time it is when we have gone out or when we are asleep. She is on a regular routine where we take her out once in the morning once in the evening and once at night.

She was only spayed a year ago at the age of 4 so she still tends to mark a lot. I don't know whether to stop her from marking outside or if I should just let her get it out of her system. I just wanted to know whether she is trying to get attention or if she is marking.

Thanks
Jodi

There's a good chance that Ginger's got something called USMI. It's quite common, so I wrote an article to explain what it is and how it is treated:

USMI in dogs.

Your vet will want to do a urinalysis to rule out other problems, but I'm guessing this will end up being USMI.

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (9372 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (14643 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12975 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (28392 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (10906 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (41338 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (10545 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (16011 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (12267 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (9485 views)