Dog shedding like crazy.

Breed: black lab dalmation
my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do?
thanks,
dog lover

Unfortunately some breeds of dogs will shed a lot more than others. A combination of a lab and dalmatian I would expect would shed an awful lot!

However, sometimes there are some things you can do to help. Some dogs will shed less if they are being fed a higher quality dog food. For most commercial diets, the higher the price, the better the quality. So, if you are feeding an inexpensive food then try a better type and after a few weeks you can see if there is less shedding.

Additionally, you can buy an omega fatty acid supplement from your vet (or some pet stores) to add to the food.

You may also want to look into a product called the furminator. This brush is expensive but works really well to get rid of hair on the dog.

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4469 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7000 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (72170 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (13634 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (26601 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (4874 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (6771 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9006 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10131 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (53439 views)