Dog shedding like crazy.

Breed: black lab dalmation
my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do?
thanks,
dog lover

Unfortunately some breeds of dogs will shed a lot more than others. A combination of a lab and dalmatian I would expect would shed an awful lot!

However, sometimes there are some things you can do to help. Some dogs will shed less if they are being fed a higher quality dog food. For most commercial diets, the higher the price, the better the quality. So, if you are feeding an inexpensive food then try a better type and after a few weeks you can see if there is less shedding.

Additionally, you can buy an omega fatty acid supplement from your vet (or some pet stores) to add to the food.

You may also want to look into a product called the furminator. This brush is expensive but works really well to get rid of hair on the dog.

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6022 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14233 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (6523 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (4247 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (4894 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (15458 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (9616 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (4180 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (25164 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (7738 views)