Dog shedding like crazy.

Breed: black lab dalmation
my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do?
thanks,
dog lover

Unfortunately some breeds of dogs will shed a lot more than others. A combination of a lab and dalmatian I would expect would shed an awful lot!

However, sometimes there are some things you can do to help. Some dogs will shed less if they are being fed a higher quality dog food. For most commercial diets, the higher the price, the better the quality. So, if you are feeding an inexpensive food then try a better type and after a few weeks you can see if there is less shedding.

Additionally, you can buy an omega fatty acid supplement from your vet (or some pet stores) to add to the food.

You may also want to look into a product called the furminator. This brush is expensive but works really well to get rid of hair on the dog.

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (19450 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (10503 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (13695 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (34100 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (19237 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (10651 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (8385 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (43069 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (11943 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5843 views)