Dog shedding like crazy.

Breed: black lab dalmation
my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do?
thanks,
dog lover

Unfortunately some breeds of dogs will shed a lot more than others. A combination of a lab and dalmatian I would expect would shed an awful lot!

However, sometimes there are some things you can do to help. Some dogs will shed less if they are being fed a higher quality dog food. For most commercial diets, the higher the price, the better the quality. So, if you are feeding an inexpensive food then try a better type and after a few weeks you can see if there is less shedding.

Additionally, you can buy an omega fatty acid supplement from your vet (or some pet stores) to add to the food.

You may also want to look into a product called the furminator. This brush is expensive but works really well to get rid of hair on the dog.

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (9684 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (38705 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (27120 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (15177 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (18413 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8495 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11290 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14369 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7217 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (22795 views)