Pregnancy test for dogs?

Breed: Golden Lab
How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think he bred her.

Hi there and thanks for your question!

Unfortunately there is no early pregnancy detector test for dogs. The human tests measure the level of hcg which is human chorionic gonadotropin and no such molecule exists in dogs.

There is a blood test called relaxin that can be done for dogs but they have to be about 28 days pregnant, and it is not always 100% accurate.

Your vet may be able to palpate a pregnancy at 28 days. They can see a pregnancy on ultrasound after 28 days, or on xray after 45-50 days.

Here is some good information on pregnancy and birthing for you:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=678

Hope all goes well!

Thanks for using the website!

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (64898 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (22209 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (53530 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (4935 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (13435 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (8049 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (8016 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (7136 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (24276 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11066 views)