Pregnancy test for dogs?

Breed: Golden Lab
How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think he bred her.

Hi there and thanks for your question!

Unfortunately there is no early pregnancy detector test for dogs. The human tests measure the level of hcg which is human chorionic gonadotropin and no such molecule exists in dogs.

There is a blood test called relaxin that can be done for dogs but they have to be about 28 days pregnant, and it is not always 100% accurate.

Your vet may be able to palpate a pregnancy at 28 days. They can see a pregnancy on ultrasound after 28 days, or on xray after 45-50 days.

Here is some good information on pregnancy and birthing for you:

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=678

Hope all goes well!

Thanks for using the website!

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (97304 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (21386 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (22236 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (7774 views)

Kitten with large belly. Ted is a name we have given to a stray cat that has been coming to our house for the... (9769 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (10661 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (8656 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (11386 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (7071 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9089 views)