Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: german sheperd
i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and she is really weak i took her to the vet but the could find nothing and i dont know what to do

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Gia is having these problems.

There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have described. Unfortunately when a puppy is this sick they often need to be kept in the hospital on IV fluids in order to survive.

My first concern would be for parvo virus which is very serious. Dogs can survive with at home treatment for parvo but have a much better survival rate in the hospital.

It is also possible that she could have intestinal parasites such as coccidia or giardia that need prescription medications to clear up.

Another possibility is ingestion of a toxin but this is less likely at this age.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Hopefully you can have her stay at the vet's office to get IV fluids. If not, you can talk to your vet about subcutaneous fluids but this is not as effective. Your vet should also be able to prescribe medications to help with vomiting and diarrhea as well.

I really hope all goes well!

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (27621 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (8038 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (20882 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (5479 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (11554 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7705 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9903 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5521 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (9178 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (49028 views)