Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: german sheperd
i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and she is really weak i took her to the vet but the could find nothing and i dont know what to do

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Gia is having these problems.

There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have described. Unfortunately when a puppy is this sick they often need to be kept in the hospital on IV fluids in order to survive.

My first concern would be for parvo virus which is very serious. Dogs can survive with at home treatment for parvo but have a much better survival rate in the hospital.

It is also possible that she could have intestinal parasites such as coccidia or giardia that need prescription medications to clear up.

Another possibility is ingestion of a toxin but this is less likely at this age.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Hopefully you can have her stay at the vet's office to get IV fluids. If not, you can talk to your vet about subcutaneous fluids but this is not as effective. Your vet should also be able to prescribe medications to help with vomiting and diarrhea as well.

I really hope all goes well!

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (26209 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (13378 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (6312 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (8938 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (24253 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (11055 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (247146 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (15676 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5859 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (16840 views)