Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: german sheperd
i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and she is really weak i took her to the vet but the could find nothing and i dont know what to do

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Gia is having these problems.

There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have described. Unfortunately when a puppy is this sick they often need to be kept in the hospital on IV fluids in order to survive.

My first concern would be for parvo virus which is very serious. Dogs can survive with at home treatment for parvo but have a much better survival rate in the hospital.

It is also possible that she could have intestinal parasites such as coccidia or giardia that need prescription medications to clear up.

Another possibility is ingestion of a toxin but this is less likely at this age.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Hopefully you can have her stay at the vet's office to get IV fluids. If not, you can talk to your vet about subcutaneous fluids but this is not as effective. Your vet should also be able to prescribe medications to help with vomiting and diarrhea as well.

I really hope all goes well!

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (67511 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7925 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (26030 views)

Can dogs drink tea? Can dogs drink tea? I have been told by quite a few people that it helps puppies to... (57172 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (8937 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (10547 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (28841 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (8388 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (12625 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (13190 views)