Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: german sheperd
i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and she is really weak i took her to the vet but the could find nothing and i dont know what to do

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Gia is having these problems.

There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have described. Unfortunately when a puppy is this sick they often need to be kept in the hospital on IV fluids in order to survive.

My first concern would be for parvo virus which is very serious. Dogs can survive with at home treatment for parvo but have a much better survival rate in the hospital.

It is also possible that she could have intestinal parasites such as coccidia or giardia that need prescription medications to clear up.

Another possibility is ingestion of a toxin but this is less likely at this age.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Hopefully you can have her stay at the vet's office to get IV fluids. If not, you can talk to your vet about subcutaneous fluids but this is not as effective. Your vet should also be able to prescribe medications to help with vomiting and diarrhea as well.

I really hope all goes well!

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (9307 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11370 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (7807 views)

Dehydrated and trouble breathing. I found my cat yesterday just lying on the ground, he can't lift his head, yesterday... (8019 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (6888 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (55704 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (12962 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (39438 views)

Older dog - bloody diarrhea. My dog is a 12 1/2 yr old cocker spaniel/golden retriever mix. She's had diarrhea... (36926 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (33558 views)