Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea.

Breed: german sheperd
i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and she is really weak i took her to the vet but the could find nothing and i dont know what to do

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Gia is having these problems.

There are a number of things that can cause the symptoms that you have described. Unfortunately when a puppy is this sick they often need to be kept in the hospital on IV fluids in order to survive.

My first concern would be for parvo virus which is very serious. Dogs can survive with at home treatment for parvo but have a much better survival rate in the hospital.

It is also possible that she could have intestinal parasites such as coccidia or giardia that need prescription medications to clear up.

Another possibility is ingestion of a toxin but this is less likely at this age.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. Hopefully you can have her stay at the vet's office to get IV fluids. If not, you can talk to your vet about subcutaneous fluids but this is not as effective. Your vet should also be able to prescribe medications to help with vomiting and diarrhea as well.

I really hope all goes well!

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (5968 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24675 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (17360 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10672 views)

PU surgery on a cat? Hi Dr. Marie , I hope you can help me with my cat, Jack. He is 1 ½ years old and... (9430 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (92009 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8834 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (8036 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8459 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (7924 views)