Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (8854 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (34300 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (71890 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (17160 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (9270 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (11991 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (21505 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (7855 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (41336 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (18029 views)