Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Cortisone vs. anti-inflammatory. What is more harmful to the liver, anti-inflammatory medication or Cortisone... (7320 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (10139 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4060 views)

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (64427 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (17983 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (10616 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7279 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (8072 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (18204 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (6062 views)