Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (6979 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7353 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (10479 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (31038 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (56264 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (17552 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (14300 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (90218 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12601 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10058 views)