Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (53356 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (6498 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (202633 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (10794 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (7263 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (25165 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (5279 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (8999 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (31756 views)

Why can't I get rid of fleas? How do I permanently get rid of fleas? I have tried flea shampoos, and De Flea... (7700 views)