Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11822 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6938 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (11026 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8746 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8826 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (7929 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (7804 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (14771 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (16238 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11830 views)