Oozing boil on dog's paw.

Breed: Labrador
My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss ..What is it ?

There are a few things that can cause a boil on a dog's paw.

The first possibility is if there is a foreign object in there such as a splinter or a piece of glass. Sometimes if this is the case we can fix the problem by soaking the paw in some epsom salts three times a day. However, often we will need to use either antibiotics or sometimes even surgery (by your vet) in order to fix the problem.

It's also possible that this is something called an interdigital cyst. We don't know why dogs get these cysts. Again, they sometimes go away with antibiotics and sometimes need surgery.

And another possibility is a tumor.

I would try the epsom salt soaks but if things are not improving within 48 hours then you should have your vet take a look.

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (11455 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9984 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26474 views)

Large mammary glands. Our dog is a black + tan kelpie and has just had her first litter of puppies, six in... (10333 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (6432 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (15000 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (8106 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (16593 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (12684 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (19136 views)