Rat lost his brother.

Breed: Tame
My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another one

Sorry to hear that Baby lost his brother.

My first instinct when I read your question was to say that he will do just fine on his own. However, I did some research for you on the social requirements of rats and came across some interesting studies.

It is believed that if a rat loses a cagemate they can go through something called "social isolation syndrome" where they do experience stress.

With that being said, I think Baby will show you whether he is doing ok or not. One of the best indicators is whether he is eating and interacting with you.

Do all you can to enrich his life and spend lots of time with him and he will likely be ok.

If not, then you may need to consider getting another rat.

One additional thought...if he is really not doing well it may be worthwhile to have a vet examine him to make sure that there is not something else going on with his health.

Hope he does ok!

Low fat foods and tripe for pancreatitis. My 3 yr old Golden who was on Orijen for 2 years had a pancreatitis attack about 6... (23854 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (6361 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (8019 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (10331 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (10180 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40518 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7700 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (16703 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13593 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (5935 views)