Rat lost his brother.

Breed: Tame
My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another one

Sorry to hear that Baby lost his brother.

My first instinct when I read your question was to say that he will do just fine on his own. However, I did some research for you on the social requirements of rats and came across some interesting studies.

It is believed that if a rat loses a cagemate they can go through something called "social isolation syndrome" where they do experience stress.

With that being said, I think Baby will show you whether he is doing ok or not. One of the best indicators is whether he is eating and interacting with you.

Do all you can to enrich his life and spend lots of time with him and he will likely be ok.

If not, then you may need to consider getting another rat.

One additional thought...if he is really not doing well it may be worthwhile to have a vet examine him to make sure that there is not something else going on with his health.

Hope he does ok!

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (31676 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (12266 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (8815 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (10680 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (4883 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (49847 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (79958 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6224 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (8250 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (9741 views)