Rat lost his brother.

Breed: Tame
My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another one

Sorry to hear that Baby lost his brother.

My first instinct when I read your question was to say that he will do just fine on his own. However, I did some research for you on the social requirements of rats and came across some interesting studies.

It is believed that if a rat loses a cagemate they can go through something called "social isolation syndrome" where they do experience stress.

With that being said, I think Baby will show you whether he is doing ok or not. One of the best indicators is whether he is eating and interacting with you.

Do all you can to enrich his life and spend lots of time with him and he will likely be ok.

If not, then you may need to consider getting another rat.

One additional thought...if he is really not doing well it may be worthwhile to have a vet examine him to make sure that there is not something else going on with his health.

Hope he does ok!

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (7887 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (9546 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (53667 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21280 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (7656 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (6323 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10289 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (40444 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (33030 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (6811 views)