Rat lost his brother.

Breed: Tame
My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another one

Sorry to hear that Baby lost his brother.

My first instinct when I read your question was to say that he will do just fine on his own. However, I did some research for you on the social requirements of rats and came across some interesting studies.

It is believed that if a rat loses a cagemate they can go through something called "social isolation syndrome" where they do experience stress.

With that being said, I think Baby will show you whether he is doing ok or not. One of the best indicators is whether he is eating and interacting with you.

Do all you can to enrich his life and spend lots of time with him and he will likely be ok.

If not, then you may need to consider getting another rat.

One additional thought...if he is really not doing well it may be worthwhile to have a vet examine him to make sure that there is not something else going on with his health.

Hope he does ok!

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (7853 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (8521 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (9245 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (14046 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (54751 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (8573 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (7089 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (18116 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (8580 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (10780 views)