Can't get rid of fleas.

Breed: Labrador
Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes red, flaky, and he gets greenish scabs. He also has been loosing a lot of hair. On his thigh their are patches of missing hair. He's also only been eating once a day which is unusual for a young dog like him. We thought the problem was the fleas and ticks but no matter what we do we can't get rid of the insects! Medication, spraying the grass with repellents, and flea shampoos are some of the things we've done and none of it works. What are some suggestions that you can give me?

Fleas can be frustrating. The best advice I can give is to get rid of any over the counter products and use prescription products from your vet. I've written an article about fleas that will tell you exactly how to get rid of them - guaranteed!

However, if Mocha has green scabs then there may be some skin infection as a result of the irritation from the fleas. If this is the case, he will need to get oral antibiotics prescribed by his veterinarian.

I hope things improve soon!

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (6254 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (58184 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (12089 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13114 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (26755 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7455 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24761 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (11718 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (31779 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (93543 views)