Can't get rid of fleas.

Breed: Labrador
Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes red, flaky, and he gets greenish scabs. He also has been loosing a lot of hair. On his thigh their are patches of missing hair. He's also only been eating once a day which is unusual for a young dog like him. We thought the problem was the fleas and ticks but no matter what we do we can't get rid of the insects! Medication, spraying the grass with repellents, and flea shampoos are some of the things we've done and none of it works. What are some suggestions that you can give me?

Fleas can be frustrating. The best advice I can give is to get rid of any over the counter products and use prescription products from your vet. I've written an article about fleas that will tell you exactly how to get rid of them - guaranteed!

However, if Mocha has green scabs then there may be some skin infection as a result of the irritation from the fleas. If this is the case, he will need to get oral antibiotics prescribed by his veterinarian.

I hope things improve soon!

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (10672 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16011 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9271 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8105 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (4784 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (48965 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (22435 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (7511 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (10638 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6755 views)