Can't get rid of fleas.

Breed: Labrador
Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes red, flaky, and he gets greenish scabs. He also has been loosing a lot of hair. On his thigh their are patches of missing hair. He's also only been eating once a day which is unusual for a young dog like him. We thought the problem was the fleas and ticks but no matter what we do we can't get rid of the insects! Medication, spraying the grass with repellents, and flea shampoos are some of the things we've done and none of it works. What are some suggestions that you can give me?

Fleas can be frustrating. The best advice I can give is to get rid of any over the counter products and use prescription products from your vet. I've written an article about fleas that will tell you exactly how to get rid of them - guaranteed!

However, if Mocha has green scabs then there may be some skin infection as a result of the irritation from the fleas. If this is the case, he will need to get oral antibiotics prescribed by his veterinarian.

I hope things improve soon!

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (48980 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (15767 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (8735 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (47413 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (6722 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (23606 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (9633 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6355 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (40748 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (49612 views)