Can't get rid of fleas.

Breed: Labrador
Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes red, flaky, and he gets greenish scabs. He also has been loosing a lot of hair. On his thigh their are patches of missing hair. He's also only been eating once a day which is unusual for a young dog like him. We thought the problem was the fleas and ticks but no matter what we do we can't get rid of the insects! Medication, spraying the grass with repellents, and flea shampoos are some of the things we've done and none of it works. What are some suggestions that you can give me?

Fleas can be frustrating. The best advice I can give is to get rid of any over the counter products and use prescription products from your vet. I've written an article about fleas that will tell you exactly how to get rid of them - guaranteed!

However, if Mocha has green scabs then there may be some skin infection as a result of the irritation from the fleas. If this is the case, he will need to get oral antibiotics prescribed by his veterinarian.

I hope things improve soon!

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (6988 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (9019 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (14828 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (22981 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (21613 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5954 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (9999 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (88937 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15549 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (44049 views)