Can't get rid of fleas.

Breed: Labrador
Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes red, flaky, and he gets greenish scabs. He also has been loosing a lot of hair. On his thigh their are patches of missing hair. He's also only been eating once a day which is unusual for a young dog like him. We thought the problem was the fleas and ticks but no matter what we do we can't get rid of the insects! Medication, spraying the grass with repellents, and flea shampoos are some of the things we've done and none of it works. What are some suggestions that you can give me?

Fleas can be frustrating. The best advice I can give is to get rid of any over the counter products and use prescription products from your vet. I've written an article about fleas that will tell you exactly how to get rid of them - guaranteed!

However, if Mocha has green scabs then there may be some skin infection as a result of the irritation from the fleas. If this is the case, he will need to get oral antibiotics prescribed by his veterinarian.

I hope things improve soon!

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (12281 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (14401 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9181 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (25541 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (11003 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14882 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (6991 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9284 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (16912 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (21572 views)