Hamster has crusty eye.

Breed: hamster
my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i have tried to use a damp warm towel to clean it but it looks like it hurts him a lot.What should i do now?

It's possible that Tiny either has an eye infection or maybe has a scratch on his eye.

Hamsters can sometimes get a swelling around their eye because of an abscess on the face.

I would highly advise having a vet take a look at him. If there is an infection they can prescribe some medication to help.

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (24721 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (19781 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (10760 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (28191 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (5022 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (5902 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (14458 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (25729 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (9315 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11591 views)