Rib poking out.

Breed: Maltese x Poodle
I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his end right rib seems to poke out his side almost like it is bent upwards. any ideas on what it may be?

Thanks Georgia

Usually if we see that a rib is poking out it is a normal thing. It is likely something that Shadow was born with. I have had some patients where I really feel that the "pokey out" rib has been there for their whole life but the owners did not notice it until now.

There are some tumors that can grow on a rib, but this is extremely unlikely.

If you never noticed this before and are just noticing it now it could be that Shadow has lost some weight and it is more obvious.

If it seems like it is painful or getting larger then I would have your vet take a look and they will likely do some xrays.

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11883 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5356 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (12274 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (13633 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (10009 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (6310 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (41513 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (31167 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (7845 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (17899 views)