Rib poking out.

Breed: Maltese x Poodle
I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his end right rib seems to poke out his side almost like it is bent upwards. any ideas on what it may be?

Thanks Georgia

Usually if we see that a rib is poking out it is a normal thing. It is likely something that Shadow was born with. I have had some patients where I really feel that the "pokey out" rib has been there for their whole life but the owners did not notice it until now.

There are some tumors that can grow on a rib, but this is extremely unlikely.

If you never noticed this before and are just noticing it now it could be that Shadow has lost some weight and it is more obvious.

If it seems like it is painful or getting larger then I would have your vet take a look and they will likely do some xrays.

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (10529 views)

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (17203 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (8313 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (16081 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (21470 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (29174 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (23107 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (10753 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (48461 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (24702 views)