Scabs on cat's ear and neck.

Breed: Domestic short hair
Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in the tip of the tail and scratching her ears.
I took her to the vet and she had ear mites, ear infection and a fungus. She got an antibiotic shot and i did an antibiotic drops and something else for the ear mites twice a day for 7 days. She also got HexaChlor wipes and Conzol 1% for the fungus in the tip of her tail twice a day for 7 days as well.
Her ears are doing well (ear mites) and the hair in her tail is growing back. I still clean and apply the lotion on her tail once a day as precaution (total of almost 4 weeks.)
Yesterday i noticed some red skin in the outside back of her ears. It appears to be itchy. Even though she is an indoor cat i checked for fleas but cannot see any.
I put a spray of hydrocortisone but not sure if that will help.
Should i use the conzol on this new rash or what should i do? Please help....

Thanks for sending these photos of Foxy. Photos always help me to give a better answer:

sores on a cat's ear

scabs on a cat's neck

These areas look really sore. There are several things that they could be. I am wondering if they could be something called eosinophilic ulcers. We don't know why cats get these. They can be caused by allergies but often the cause is not known. This condition is usually treated by a steroid injection given by the vet.

It is possible that this is something else such as ringworm which is a fungus. This may be what she was being treated for before. Often, cats with ringworm will need oral antifungal medications.

It's also possible that she had some wounds from scratching herself and now they are infected and she may need antibiotics.

The steroid spray may give some temporary relief but unfortunately it does sound like Foxy needs to go back to see the vet again.

A closer exam should give the vet an idea as to what is going on but they may need to do some tests on the area to find out for sure.

I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks for your response.
I forgot to mention that our house is under remodelation.
So not sure if this might an allergy to dust or construction materials.
It seems better today but still i want to make sure it gets cured.
She is not scratching as much today.
Maybe a Neosporin ointment will help?
Thanks again!

Neosporin doesn't really do a whole lot. Plus, it can be a little irritating to the belly if a cat ingests it. If it seems to be getting better then just letting it heal on its own is probably the best thing to do. And if it's not improving then you can have her see the vet again.

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (17058 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (27300 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (16468 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (8341 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (9654 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (14597 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (8659 views)

Dog pooped red and black balls. My dog once threw up a screw and has been eating her poop. Recently I found red and... (13472 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (11106 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9986 views)