4 year old cat not eating.

Breed: Domestic
My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She also has been vomiting more than usual. It used to be once a month that she would vomit, now it's weekly. She's also pretty lethargic and her voice sounds scratchy and sad when she meows.

I usually feed her blue wilderness (wet) chicken or turkey, as it helps to prevent her dandruff/dry skin and also keeps her weight down. I'm taking her to the vet for her checkup next week, so hopefully they'll figure something out. I'm just really concerned.

I'm sorry to hear that Sheba may not be well. Usually, if a cat loses their appetite it means that there is something significant going on. The problem is that it is often difficult to know what that may be. The list of things that could cause a 4 year old cat to stop eating is very large. It could be a hidden infection somewhere or a virus such as Feline Leukemia, FIV or FIP. It could be that there is a problem with her liver or kidneys. It could be that there is a foreign object in her stomach. It could be that she has some pain somewhere. Or it could be a great number of other things.

Most likely it's not related to the type of food that she is eating, but it is possible that you've gotten a bad bag of food or that it has gone stale. Trying a change in food never hurts.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and most likely will want to do some blood tests.

I wish I could offer you more specific advice, but the best thing I can recommend is what you are already doing and that is to take her to a vet.

I hope everything is ok. Feel free to ask followup questions after you've had your vet visit.

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (15402 views)

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (17204 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14707 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (19856 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8329 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8305 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (9631 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4619 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (10348 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (9810 views)