4 year old cat not eating.

Breed: Domestic
My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She also has been vomiting more than usual. It used to be once a month that she would vomit, now it's weekly. She's also pretty lethargic and her voice sounds scratchy and sad when she meows.

I usually feed her blue wilderness (wet) chicken or turkey, as it helps to prevent her dandruff/dry skin and also keeps her weight down. I'm taking her to the vet for her checkup next week, so hopefully they'll figure something out. I'm just really concerned.

I'm sorry to hear that Sheba may not be well. Usually, if a cat loses their appetite it means that there is something significant going on. The problem is that it is often difficult to know what that may be. The list of things that could cause a 4 year old cat to stop eating is very large. It could be a hidden infection somewhere or a virus such as Feline Leukemia, FIV or FIP. It could be that there is a problem with her liver or kidneys. It could be that there is a foreign object in her stomach. It could be that she has some pain somewhere. Or it could be a great number of other things.

Most likely it's not related to the type of food that she is eating, but it is possible that you've gotten a bad bag of food or that it has gone stale. Trying a change in food never hurts.

Your vet will do a good thorough exam and most likely will want to do some blood tests.

I wish I could offer you more specific advice, but the best thing I can recommend is what you are already doing and that is to take her to a vet.

I hope everything is ok. Feel free to ask followup questions after you've had your vet visit.

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (6205 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (5064 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (39772 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (15069 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (11051 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (10108 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (4060 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (19324 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (20367 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (22433 views)