Vaginal bleeding in cat.

Breed: siamese
my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with cleaning it and she cannot sit, is it normal?

No, this is definitely not normal. Animal vaginal bleeding in an cat is unusual. While cats do go into heat, they don't tend to bleed like dogs do. (They bleed tiny amounts but clean it so fast that we barely notice.)

There are a few possibilities for what is going on. A uterine infection called pyometra is possible. This is more common in cats a little older than Mishka, but I have seen it in young cats as well. This is a life threatening condition.

A urinary tract infection could possibly do this, although we don't usually see that degree of bleeding.

A bleeding disorder could cause this but shouldn't cause discomfort.

It's also possible she has an infection in her anal gland which is near the vulva, but perhaps the bleeding is coming from there instead.

Or it's possible that she has suffered a wound such as a bite from another animal.

In any case, she needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (7687 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (69593 views)

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (49203 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10762 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (5638 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6837 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7754 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (40982 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (33429 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (7098 views)