Vaginal bleeding in cat.

Breed: siamese
my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with cleaning it and she cannot sit, is it normal?

No, this is definitely not normal. Animal vaginal bleeding in an cat is unusual. While cats do go into heat, they don't tend to bleed like dogs do. (They bleed tiny amounts but clean it so fast that we barely notice.)

There are a few possibilities for what is going on. A uterine infection called pyometra is possible. This is more common in cats a little older than Mishka, but I have seen it in young cats as well. This is a life threatening condition.

A urinary tract infection could possibly do this, although we don't usually see that degree of bleeding.

A bleeding disorder could cause this but shouldn't cause discomfort.

It's also possible she has an infection in her anal gland which is near the vulva, but perhaps the bleeding is coming from there instead.

Or it's possible that she has suffered a wound such as a bite from another animal.

In any case, she needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (12709 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (12817 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (16359 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (6489 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (9958 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6979 views)

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (7012 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11024 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (22459 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (23327 views)