Vaginal bleeding in cat.

Breed: siamese
my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with cleaning it and she cannot sit, is it normal?

No, this is definitely not normal. Animal vaginal bleeding in an cat is unusual. While cats do go into heat, they don't tend to bleed like dogs do. (They bleed tiny amounts but clean it so fast that we barely notice.)

There are a few possibilities for what is going on. A uterine infection called pyometra is possible. This is more common in cats a little older than Mishka, but I have seen it in young cats as well. This is a life threatening condition.

A urinary tract infection could possibly do this, although we don't usually see that degree of bleeding.

A bleeding disorder could cause this but shouldn't cause discomfort.

It's also possible she has an infection in her anal gland which is near the vulva, but perhaps the bleeding is coming from there instead.

Or it's possible that she has suffered a wound such as a bite from another animal.

In any case, she needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (11927 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (9708 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (129538 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (10287 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (8473 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (11552 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (15035 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (66748 views)

Back spasms 2 years ago, I took Rusty to an emergeny vet one evening because he seemed warm and... (20110 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (14510 views)