Vaginal bleeding in cat.

Breed: siamese
my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with cleaning it and she cannot sit, is it normal?

No, this is definitely not normal. Animal vaginal bleeding in an cat is unusual. While cats do go into heat, they don't tend to bleed like dogs do. (They bleed tiny amounts but clean it so fast that we barely notice.)

There are a few possibilities for what is going on. A uterine infection called pyometra is possible. This is more common in cats a little older than Mishka, but I have seen it in young cats as well. This is a life threatening condition.

A urinary tract infection could possibly do this, although we don't usually see that degree of bleeding.

A bleeding disorder could cause this but shouldn't cause discomfort.

It's also possible she has an infection in her anal gland which is near the vulva, but perhaps the bleeding is coming from there instead.

Or it's possible that she has suffered a wound such as a bite from another animal.

In any case, she needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (23190 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (36645 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (9649 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (7634 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (11163 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (12932 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (12414 views)

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (8249 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (52872 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (6577 views)