Vaginal bleeding in cat.

Breed: siamese
my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with cleaning it and she cannot sit, is it normal?

No, this is definitely not normal. Animal vaginal bleeding in an cat is unusual. While cats do go into heat, they don't tend to bleed like dogs do. (They bleed tiny amounts but clean it so fast that we barely notice.)

There are a few possibilities for what is going on. A uterine infection called pyometra is possible. This is more common in cats a little older than Mishka, but I have seen it in young cats as well. This is a life threatening condition.

A urinary tract infection could possibly do this, although we don't usually see that degree of bleeding.

A bleeding disorder could cause this but shouldn't cause discomfort.

It's also possible she has an infection in her anal gland which is near the vulva, but perhaps the bleeding is coming from there instead.

Or it's possible that she has suffered a wound such as a bite from another animal.

In any case, she needs to be seen by a vet immediately.

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (17246 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (72297 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (10159 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (52938 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10897 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7468 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (12600 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7496 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (16861 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10146 views)