7 week old puppies have fleas.

Breed: pug/winer dog
my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny breed so i need to know what is the safest flea medicine for a dog his age and size?

I always recommend using prescription strength flea products. Don't waste your time with pet store products at at home natural remedies. I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that Advantage is labelled for use on puppies 6 weeks and up so that is your best bet.

You need to make sure all of the animals in the house are treated for at least 3 months in a row otherwise you'll continue to have a flea problem.

Here is some great information on fleas.

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (9782 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (7474 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (14197 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (11438 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (15996 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (28527 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (14770 views)

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (14762 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (8822 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (13646 views)