7 week old puppies have fleas.

Breed: pug/winer dog
my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny breed so i need to know what is the safest flea medicine for a dog his age and size?

I always recommend using prescription strength flea products. Don't waste your time with pet store products at at home natural remedies. I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that Advantage is labelled for use on puppies 6 weeks and up so that is your best bet.

You need to make sure all of the animals in the house are treated for at least 3 months in a row otherwise you'll continue to have a flea problem.

Here is some great information on fleas.

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24967 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (47348 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11474 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6710 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6811 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (17001 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (13610 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (19382 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9803 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (5514 views)