7 week old puppies have fleas.

Breed: pug/winer dog
my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny breed so i need to know what is the safest flea medicine for a dog his age and size?

I always recommend using prescription strength flea products. Don't waste your time with pet store products at at home natural remedies. I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that Advantage is labelled for use on puppies 6 weeks and up so that is your best bet.

You need to make sure all of the animals in the house are treated for at least 3 months in a row otherwise you'll continue to have a flea problem.

Here is some great information on fleas.

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (9781 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (12153 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (5966 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (20428 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (12729 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9090 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4532 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (17607 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (10985 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (6049 views)