7 week old puppies have fleas.

Breed: pug/winer dog
my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny breed so i need to know what is the safest flea medicine for a dog his age and size?

I always recommend using prescription strength flea products. Don't waste your time with pet store products at at home natural remedies. I believe (although I'm not 100% sure) that Advantage is labelled for use on puppies 6 weeks and up so that is your best bet.

You need to make sure all of the animals in the house are treated for at least 3 months in a row otherwise you'll continue to have a flea problem.

Here is some great information on fleas.

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (19200 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14188 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (4896 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7160 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5182 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (12727 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (16509 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (27063 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4646 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (14372 views)