Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (13924 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (52551 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (12286 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (10064 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (27877 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (10441 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (48089 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (121494 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (6125 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (22954 views)