Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (22953 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4883 views)

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (12310 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (189608 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6275 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (58714 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8510 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (11050 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (15094 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (136747 views)