Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (20841 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (16287 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (19381 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (12910 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (8911 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (11801 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (6448 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (11802 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (30658 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (13467 views)