Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (6789 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (21499 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (16959 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (7014 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (19163 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (47959 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (11146 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (7155 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (7184 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (8252 views)