Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (38449 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (22198 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (17636 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (7672 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (18871 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (16640 views)

Swelling above dog's eye. This morning I noticed redness and swelling of my dog's upper eyelid. I gave him one... (21737 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (14149 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (23744 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (34028 views)