Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (8258 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (9260 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (12611 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7755 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4413 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7479 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (18832 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11013 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (7646 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (7437 views)