Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10764 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12790 views)

Cat is sneezing a lot. I have a two year old cat. I adopted her from a shelter last December. When I... (30044 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (71193 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (8032 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (18138 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (20050 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9888 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (10032 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9805 views)