Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (14383 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (12891 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (14742 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (7024 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (13459 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (10364 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (21984 views)

Prognosis if dog has pulmonary edema. Hello Dr. Marie, I´m from Brazil, so, first of all I´m sorry about my poor... (15144 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (9524 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (12884 views)