Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7527 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (25472 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9641 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (20271 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (18896 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (67185 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5887 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (6571 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22289 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (5194 views)