Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (8403 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (30916 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (10439 views)

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (37979 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7092 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (24895 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (11000 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (31552 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (30932 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (17466 views)