Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (12890 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (4771 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (3697 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (16817 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (8432 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (9373 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (6601 views)

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (12494 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (4248 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (3715 views)