Improper tail docking?

Breed: dobermann
I just acquired my puppy from a backyard breeder who I was told cut off the puppies tail with scissors. There is a large scabby area at the end of the tail even though the puppy is now over 8 weeks old. It isn't infected though. Should this be a concern, and can there be long term problems from incorrect tail docking? It does not appear to bother her, but it is unsightly.

Tail docking should always be done by a veterinarian.

This puppy should be looked at by a vet to make sure that there is no infection present and to be sure that there is no piece of bone sticking out.

Unfortunately I can't really say if the docking was done correctly or not without seeing your little girl.

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (10279 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (20373 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (6873 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (26316 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (15340 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (10540 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (4105 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (12111 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (23907 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (7289 views)