Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (20291 views)

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (10395 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (6213 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (14972 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (20483 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13472 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6697 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18479 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (8219 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7755 views)