Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (52108 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (6968 views)

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (13694 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (3368 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (13401 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (6708 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (12473 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (110850 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (6178 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (6581 views)