Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (6641 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (10365 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (9000 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10275 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (29005 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (10783 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (20313 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (13917 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (13113 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38150 views)