Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (9723 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (38996 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (12716 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (12897 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9478 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (13617 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (8884 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (16228 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (13899 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (7871 views)