Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (19613 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12920 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (19259 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (13354 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45465 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (8347 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (19747 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (25120 views)

Cat peed on my bed. My neutered male cat has peed on my bed twice now. I've had him for almost a year... (7701 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (8950 views)