Blood in urine after neuter.

Breed: Black lab
My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in the urine. Should I be concerned?

It is not normal to have blood in the urine after neutering. There is a possibility that this could be nothing to worry about, but just in case, I would recommend having your vet take a look.

It's possible that he has a urinary tract infection. The area of the dog that is incised into during a neuter surgery is very close to the urethra. It is possible that the urethra was nicked. This is very uncommon though.

If the dog is urinating well and not straining and it is just a small amount of blood you may be ok to wait a day or two before deciding whether to take him in. But if there is any straining, a lot of blood, or if it persists then a checkup is a good idea!

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (17332 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (8095 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (10170 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (9068 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (14270 views)

Flea problems. My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (7115 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (7911 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (6813 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (3435 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (11993 views)