Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (22877 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (22599 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (91808 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (12114 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (16868 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (12039 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (6967 views)

Bump on dog's ear. Hi Dr. Marie My dog Syrous is 22 months old and is a Dogue de Bordeaux. 2... (70050 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (6321 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (87142 views)