Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (6574 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (43113 views)

Cause of death? Hi Dr. Marie, I\'m sorry that I can\'t afford to pay for an answer, but your... (6601 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (24730 views)

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (13481 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (28456 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (25119 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (18030 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (14446 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (30278 views)