Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (9213 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (12633 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (4935 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (8847 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10405 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (15818 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (8331 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (22925 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23465 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (44763 views)