Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (9968 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (17870 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (23620 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (38677 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (10644 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (21695 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (17851 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (19735 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (8384 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (9960 views)