Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (15304 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (46092 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (19184 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (12463 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (13938 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (26649 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (7807 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (18739 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (64942 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (8026 views)