Blood in stools.

Breed: Chesapeake Bay Retri
My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and neing playful. He does bark alot and always did, is he stressed? or is there something more serious

With cats and dogs it only takes a small amount of inflammation to cause blood in the stools. So, usually if we are seeing some blood it is because of mildly inflamed intestines. This can be because of eating something unusual, or because of stress, but often we don't know the cause.

As long as Bailey is bright and alert I wouldn't be too worried.

But, if this continues then it can be a sign of a bleeding disorder, rat poison ingestion, parasites or more.

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (11584 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (6955 views)

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (112781 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8287 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (30069 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (32536 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (9945 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (16312 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (6792 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (23742 views)