Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (12119 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (9427 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (8923 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (50330 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (30680 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (10368 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (7196 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (6572 views)

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (49712 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (8271 views)