Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (12504 views)

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (72761 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (10256 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (11972 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (9621 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (28091 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (25519 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5130 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (41308 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (5911 views)