Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (16456 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (7256 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (11383 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (6368 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (8890 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (22724 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (23755 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (31251 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (16533 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (12604 views)