Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15021 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (7991 views)

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (12178 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7189 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (8911 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (23270 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18222 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (132709 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (256320 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (16527 views)