Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8631 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30962 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17003 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (14485 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7453 views)

lump on spay incision Hello Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed 5 days ago. Her incision looks wonderful... (27174 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (5312 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (76641 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8137 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (6253 views)