Dog attacked by javelina.

Breed: Great Dane
My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what could be the problem?

Sorry to hear that this happened! We don't have javelinas where I lived. I looked it up and it looks like a nasty animal!

Likely by the time you have received this answer you will have already taken Abby to the vet. It sounds like she has a wound somewhere that needs to be addressed. Any wound near the nose or mouth can bleed quite a lot.

I am unsure if javelinas carry disease, but my biggest concern would be for infection of the wound. She will likely need to be on some antibiotics. I hope she does ok!

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4247 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (12281 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (6185 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (4874 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (6673 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (17727 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5099 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5133 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (19590 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (30179 views)