Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (8583 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (7686 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (9138 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (13814 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (29161 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (14333 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (12901 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (17995 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (13352 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (7761 views)