Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (21842 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4893 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18538 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (15365 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (19655 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (14599 views)

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (11844 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (22646 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4982 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (10963 views)