Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (15154 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8797 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (8887 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (6137 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (34817 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13500 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (45151 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (22971 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (23361 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (11422 views)