Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6456 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (6493 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9177 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (62191 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (15851 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (6787 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (9277 views)

Watery diarrhea. My cat has had consistent diarrhea and vomiting for some time. Her vet began... (4859 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6302 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6818 views)