Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (6973 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (6492 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (12953 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (4771 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (10166 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (6911 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (11978 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (32548 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (3514 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (12484 views)