Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (6586 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (4457 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (9128 views)

Prednisone and Tramadol for Neck Pain. Seymour is a 7-year old black neufy/mix, 110 lbs,very strong and energetic. The... (13652 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9065 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (8131 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (21075 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (6662 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (14355 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (14199 views)