Swollen nipple.

Breed: rotti-lab mix
I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to the size of a human big toe. It dangles from her chest and is now red in color. What is this? should I take her into the vet?

Sometimes dogs can get one nipple that looks bigger than the others. Often this is nothing to worry about.

However, if this nipple is red, then this has me more concerned.

It's possible she's got an infection in the skin around her nipple, or even in the nipple itself. It's also possible that this is a tumor.

It's definitely a good idea to have her checked out.

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (21911 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (15299 views)

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (10785 views)

Basset Hound whining. My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints... (10377 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (243637 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (77054 views)

Advantage Multi Reaction? Cat losing weight after advantage multi treatment, what can I do to make him start... (8954 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (14090 views)

Wound on cat's paw. When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a... (7153 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (9958 views)