Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6454 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (11966 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (7637 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (12788 views)

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (41587 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (10059 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (22917 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (12584 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (10174 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (29511 views)