Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14399 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7756 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13506 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (41263 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11330 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10426 views)

Sick cat after teeth cleaning. she had her teeth cleaned on march 1st...came home..she was woozy from... (14045 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (18373 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (24505 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38709 views)