Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (4422 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (46626 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (6948 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (11028 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (13213 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (25180 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (12982 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (4366 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (11333 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (10330 views)