Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (40817 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (16518 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (17371 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (11889 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (7601 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (16616 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (12416 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (34433 views)

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (12097 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (15542 views)