Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (18936 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (20636 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (13921 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (6866 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (10276 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (6011 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (66478 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (9475 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (4002 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (7989 views)