Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (4554 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (5853 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (5672 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (13837 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (10867 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (15948 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (31939 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (11172 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (14764 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (19734 views)