Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (10474 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10464 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48725 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (35222 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (8662 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19102 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (9858 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (34155 views)

Pooping outside of box. Hi, I have a 13 year old cat named Dagmar. Apart from being slightly overweight, she... (7272 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (10256 views)