Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (8419 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (6654 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (5096 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (3409 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (15526 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (12100 views)

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (7360 views)

Can dogs get tetanus? My dog got her paw caught in an animal trap this evening. She is walking around... (18173 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (7099 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (4161 views)