Sensitive tail and belly.

Breed: short hair domestic
My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does not let me pet her around the base of her tail or belly anymore. If i even seem like im heading towards there while im petting her, she growls at me and pushes me away. I was wondering if this is normal? It's like it hurts her, but other than that, she's normal. She's not as sweet as she use to be, but I assume that's normal, because that's how all of my cats are now that we've gotten them fixed. She is not the only one who is sensitive around her tail/belly like that though. Her dad is the same way and he's been fixed for over a year now. I just wanted to know if this is normal. Thank you.

It's really common for a cat to be sensitive around their tail and on their belly. It likely has nothing to do with being spayed. And it is very unlikely to be anything to worry about.

I have found that most cats like being pet in those areas briefly and then after a while they get overstimulated and either growl or bite.

It's quite normal!

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (40600 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (68276 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (25334 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (9464 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (38424 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (15184 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (31004 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (15434 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (27786 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15489 views)