Accidents outside of box.

Breed: dom short hair
Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We recently noticed "accidents"(feces). She was spayed on 2/21/11. Around the time we began to notice accidents we had rescued a new puppy. I have caught her peeing inside since she was spayed(squatted to pee not spraying). What could be causing this behavior? She is the only pet allowed to roam the house.

Although this article is primarily about urinating (not pooping) outside of the box, the same principles apply:

Catgoing outside of litter box.

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (11665 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (20050 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (112705 views)

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (49399 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (4404 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (16532 views)

Rabies from a feral kitten? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings and I hope this e-mail reaches you in good health. I... (15581 views)

Dog died after coughing. Hi, My name is Tania. I had a Maltese/Shih tzu 12 years old. She had a stage one... (9579 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (29219 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (20733 views)