Sick kitten.

Breed: GREY TABBY
Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling, but the one is under control and gaining wt.
Kittens took canned milk when started weaning mom, [ had her spayed at 10 wks. post birth]. They did fine on it, then started kitten dry food and they did well. Occassionally canned food, then they started getting into and eating the adult dry food, and that is when I notced the 2 kittens having problems. I stoped the milk, and it didn't make a difference, they gave them Plantaeris, and the one kitty got over it...I had to go out of town for 5 days, and upon returning the one cat is so skinney. Butt is clean with no signs of diarehhea. I gave all the cats some canned cat food today, and the sick one ate a little. I have given her some of that kitten nutrient gel that adds wt. and has vit etc/ I had to water it down as it is so thick, and she will not eat it on her own. I gave it to her wth a syringe.....Please advise as what to fed her to gain weight and not give diarhhea...oily tuna? mackeral , what about goats milk ? Thanks.......

Oh the poor little girl. I'm a little bit concerned by what you are describing with Kitty. There may be a medical issue with her.

By far the best thing I can advise you to do is to have a vet examine her and also examine a stool sample from her to look for parasites. It's possible that she has an intestinal parasite.

It won't hurt to treat her with an over the counter dewormer that you can buy at the pet store (as long as the label says it is safe for kittens her age). But, there are other parasites that need prescription medications that the vet would have to give you. Some examples of parasites like this are giardia or coccidia.

It's also possible that she has a serious medical problem such as a liver shunt or another problem with her organs. Unfortunately if this is the case then she may not get better.

As far as food goes, the best thing you can do is choose a good quality kitten food (either canned or dry) and stick to it. Changes in food can contribute to diarrhea. Most likely, the diarrhea is not at all because of the food, so there is no need to try something different.

The nutrient gel may help to get some calories and nutrients in to her, but be sure not to overdo it. As far as tuna, mackeral or goat's milk, none of these are a good idea. They could make the diarrhea worse.

Is she getting any regular cow's milk at all? If so, then this could cause some diarrhea.

I'm really concerned by the fact that this girl is so skinny. I'm afraid that she may have a serious issue. Hopefully she can see a vet soon!

No cow milk at all..no canned milk for about 2 weeks.
I will isolate her tonight and try to get a stool sample...I was thinking a trip to the vet too. Thanks..

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12879 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (4765 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (23093 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11351 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (14963 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5046 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (18797 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (10722 views)

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (6199 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5476 views)