Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (8168 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (35721 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (8135 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (13728 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (9294 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (10433 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (10000 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (7643 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (7295 views)

Testicles are swollen. Bingo was hit from behind by a car mon nite. He got several cuts on 1 side of face,... (17429 views)