Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9863 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7330 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (14278 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (10833 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (10450 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8710 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (8179 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15837 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (28311 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (5353 views)