Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (36282 views)

Lethargic and following me around. Hi, My dog Harley is 3 yrs old. Starting 2 days ago he hasn't been acting like... (13093 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14751 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (24078 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25771 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (40585 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10704 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (4494 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (8960 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (11298 views)