Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (38476 views)

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26090 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (18458 views)

Sore gums in chihuahua. My dog's gums are very sensitive. I tried brushing them and on the right side, they... (10053 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (10269 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10243 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7541 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (11164 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (30463 views)

Cloudy eye after an infection hi my dog steve is 8 months old hes a pureb german shepherd, within the last 8weeks... (11023 views)