Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (9621 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (14470 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (6881 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (9445 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (55202 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (8256 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (9578 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (24818 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (10489 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (7472 views)