Aggressive cats when in heat.

Breed: calico
i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens & was pregnant my other cat cocoa started to get aggressive & hissing at every1 even honey who had grown up with her her whole life they used 2 love each other, cocoa used to be so sweat & comforting but now its seem like its getting worse……at first I thought it was because my dog was messing with her so much & then I thought it was her being in heat & now I think its so much more than that can I help me figure out what’s going on with my cat cocoa?

Sorry to hear that you are having these problems. Intercat aggression can sometimes be hard to figure out.

One thing that you can do that is very likely to help is to have both of your cats spayed. Hormones can play a huge role in how a cat behaves.

It is also not a bad idea to have your vet examine cocoa. Sometimes if a cat is in pain for some reason it can cause her to be aggressive.

You may also want to look into a product called feliway. It is a plug in diffuser (like a Glade plugin) that emits something called a pheromone which is a safe chemical that makes cats feel good. They often help in situations like this.

But, I would emphasize again that having your girls spayed is by far the best thing you can do.

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (17027 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (38993 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (9234 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (61926 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (12279 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (115363 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (65190 views)

Peeing outside of box. Hi Dr Marie, My Cat Nikki is 21 yrs old......he was shot in the mouth when he was... (11684 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (10785 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (34966 views)