Lethargic kitten after spay.

Breed: gray calico
My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her spaying I have noticed she has lost her energy. She was very playful before and even being sore after she was very active for around 3 weeks. Now her appitite has slowed down and she started to throw up clear water type vomit. This has been going on for a few days. She does eat but in very small amounts. I gave her some wet food to see if she prefered it to the dry kibble, and though she ate it she threw it up about a half hour later. she is drinking water but not in excess. Should I be worried or maybe it's just a bug? I look forward to hearing your opinion.

thank you
Leigh Eyre

I'm sorry to hear that Pong is having problems.

The symptoms that you are describing do have me concerned.

Any time I see a young kitten that is not eating and vomiting I get worried about the possibility of her having a foreign object of some sort in her stomach. Kittens can eat all sorts of strange things that they shouldn't eat.

It is also possible that there is a connection to her spay. Although not common, if an animal had a problem with her kidneys or liver and then underwent major surgery this can cause the problem to become worse. For this reason I think it is a good idea to have your vet take a look and possibly do some bloodwork to make sure that everything is ok.

It's also possible that there is some infection present, either on her incision (does it look red and puffy at all?) or inside her abdomen.

I do think a vet visit is a good idea.

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9736 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13475 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (8465 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (14259 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6639 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (25604 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10078 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10532 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (22146 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7174 views)