Lethargic kitten after spay.

Breed: gray calico
My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her spaying I have noticed she has lost her energy. She was very playful before and even being sore after she was very active for around 3 weeks. Now her appitite has slowed down and she started to throw up clear water type vomit. This has been going on for a few days. She does eat but in very small amounts. I gave her some wet food to see if she prefered it to the dry kibble, and though she ate it she threw it up about a half hour later. she is drinking water but not in excess. Should I be worried or maybe it's just a bug? I look forward to hearing your opinion.

thank you
Leigh Eyre

I'm sorry to hear that Pong is having problems.

The symptoms that you are describing do have me concerned.

Any time I see a young kitten that is not eating and vomiting I get worried about the possibility of her having a foreign object of some sort in her stomach. Kittens can eat all sorts of strange things that they shouldn't eat.

It is also possible that there is a connection to her spay. Although not common, if an animal had a problem with her kidneys or liver and then underwent major surgery this can cause the problem to become worse. For this reason I think it is a good idea to have your vet take a look and possibly do some bloodwork to make sure that everything is ok.

It's also possible that there is some infection present, either on her incision (does it look red and puffy at all?) or inside her abdomen.

I do think a vet visit is a good idea.

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (18660 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8525 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (11424 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (28472 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (17200 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13995 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (23900 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (9842 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (11962 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (18084 views)