Lethargic kitten after spay.

Breed: gray calico
My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her spaying I have noticed she has lost her energy. She was very playful before and even being sore after she was very active for around 3 weeks. Now her appitite has slowed down and she started to throw up clear water type vomit. This has been going on for a few days. She does eat but in very small amounts. I gave her some wet food to see if she prefered it to the dry kibble, and though she ate it she threw it up about a half hour later. she is drinking water but not in excess. Should I be worried or maybe it's just a bug? I look forward to hearing your opinion.

thank you
Leigh Eyre

I'm sorry to hear that Pong is having problems.

The symptoms that you are describing do have me concerned.

Any time I see a young kitten that is not eating and vomiting I get worried about the possibility of her having a foreign object of some sort in her stomach. Kittens can eat all sorts of strange things that they shouldn't eat.

It is also possible that there is a connection to her spay. Although not common, if an animal had a problem with her kidneys or liver and then underwent major surgery this can cause the problem to become worse. For this reason I think it is a good idea to have your vet take a look and possibly do some bloodwork to make sure that everything is ok.

It's also possible that there is some infection present, either on her incision (does it look red and puffy at all?) or inside her abdomen.

I do think a vet visit is a good idea.

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (89648 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11466 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12400 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (13152 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (116870 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13190 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10113 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (11094 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (12524 views)

Hartz Ultra Guard for fleas? hello dr. marie, bear has fleas. i gave her a bath then treated her with hartz... (10111 views)