Lethargic kitten after spay.

Breed: gray calico
My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her spaying I have noticed she has lost her energy. She was very playful before and even being sore after she was very active for around 3 weeks. Now her appitite has slowed down and she started to throw up clear water type vomit. This has been going on for a few days. She does eat but in very small amounts. I gave her some wet food to see if she prefered it to the dry kibble, and though she ate it she threw it up about a half hour later. she is drinking water but not in excess. Should I be worried or maybe it's just a bug? I look forward to hearing your opinion.

thank you
Leigh Eyre

I'm sorry to hear that Pong is having problems.

The symptoms that you are describing do have me concerned.

Any time I see a young kitten that is not eating and vomiting I get worried about the possibility of her having a foreign object of some sort in her stomach. Kittens can eat all sorts of strange things that they shouldn't eat.

It is also possible that there is a connection to her spay. Although not common, if an animal had a problem with her kidneys or liver and then underwent major surgery this can cause the problem to become worse. For this reason I think it is a good idea to have your vet take a look and possibly do some bloodwork to make sure that everything is ok.

It's also possible that there is some infection present, either on her incision (does it look red and puffy at all?) or inside her abdomen.

I do think a vet visit is a good idea.

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (14451 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (10861 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (14141 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (7263 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (18791 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (64821 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (19149 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (8754 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (22176 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (12865 views)