Sore dachshund

Breed: Dachshund
My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I haven't gone to the vet orr anything yet. I think it might be an injury but Im not sure, she keeps whimpering too.

This is a pretty hard question to answer without examining Mya. My biggest concern, however, as she is a dachshund would be that she could have a serious problem with her back. Often, if the back is sore then this can make it look like the abdomen is sore.

Any time I suspect a back problem I recommend a vet visit right away. If treated in the early stages we can sometimes treat with medication as opposed to a very expensive surgery.

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (10921 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (59250 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (12025 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (9401 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (49584 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (5333 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (14126 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (9582 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (19090 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (43091 views)