Sore dachshund

Breed: Dachshund
My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I haven't gone to the vet orr anything yet. I think it might be an injury but Im not sure, she keeps whimpering too.

This is a pretty hard question to answer without examining Mya. My biggest concern, however, as she is a dachshund would be that she could have a serious problem with her back. Often, if the back is sore then this can make it look like the abdomen is sore.

Any time I suspect a back problem I recommend a vet visit right away. If treated in the early stages we can sometimes treat with medication as opposed to a very expensive surgery.

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (10600 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (11826 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (11265 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (10542 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (12557 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (39207 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (13136 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (27286 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (6579 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (8812 views)