Sore dachshund

Breed: Dachshund
My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I haven't gone to the vet orr anything yet. I think it might be an injury but Im not sure, she keeps whimpering too.

This is a pretty hard question to answer without examining Mya. My biggest concern, however, as she is a dachshund would be that she could have a serious problem with her back. Often, if the back is sore then this can make it look like the abdomen is sore.

Any time I suspect a back problem I recommend a vet visit right away. If treated in the early stages we can sometimes treat with medication as opposed to a very expensive surgery.

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (17041 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17743 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10704 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (9033 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (12748 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8544 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9590 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (19751 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (22494 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (28700 views)