Thirsty hamster

Breed: hamster
my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she would not need water for a couple of days. now l am haveing to fill it up every day as she is constantly drinking har water really fast.

It's possible that Tizzer has diabetes. Your vet can easily make this diagnosis if you are able to see them. They will likely put Tizzer in a small container with a solid bottom and then when she urinates they will test the drop of urine to see if it has glucose in it.

Another possibility is Cushing's disease, but this is not as common.

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (8291 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (6755 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (9032 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (9068 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (17692 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (8445 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (17818 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (5836 views)

Vuvlar tumor in a cat. Hello, 2 weeks ago i had my russian blue sterilised cat (elderly not sure how old... (8767 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (8824 views)