Thirsty hamster

Breed: hamster
my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she would not need water for a couple of days. now l am haveing to fill it up every day as she is constantly drinking har water really fast.

It's possible that Tizzer has diabetes. Your vet can easily make this diagnosis if you are able to see them. They will likely put Tizzer in a small container with a solid bottom and then when she urinates they will test the drop of urine to see if it has glucose in it.

Another possibility is Cushing's disease, but this is not as common.

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (37717 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (20610 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (11246 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (18633 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (8852 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (5411 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (12208 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (14530 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (11735 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (8714 views)