Thirsty hamster

Breed: hamster
my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she would not need water for a couple of days. now l am haveing to fill it up every day as she is constantly drinking har water really fast.

It's possible that Tizzer has diabetes. Your vet can easily make this diagnosis if you are able to see them. They will likely put Tizzer in a small container with a solid bottom and then when she urinates they will test the drop of urine to see if it has glucose in it.

Another possibility is Cushing's disease, but this is not as common.

Bad smell on dog. Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on,... (106725 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7265 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16224 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16317 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (31904 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (9464 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (15707 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4940 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (7852 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11904 views)