Thirsty hamster

Breed: hamster
my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she would not need water for a couple of days. now l am haveing to fill it up every day as she is constantly drinking har water really fast.

It's possible that Tizzer has diabetes. Your vet can easily make this diagnosis if you are able to see them. They will likely put Tizzer in a small container with a solid bottom and then when she urinates they will test the drop of urine to see if it has glucose in it.

Another possibility is Cushing's disease, but this is not as common.

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (6327 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (3452 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (7145 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (3367 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (17147 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (15413 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (8209 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (4202 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (18347 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (3501 views)