Puppy sleeps all the time.

Breed: schnauzer
Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7 weeks old. But all he does is sleep, we have another puppy too. We got them from the same person, but they were in different litters. The two like to play together. She said Marley was the runt Marley though is always sleeping and you have to wake him up to do anything. He wont get up on his own. Is this normal?

For some puppies, sleeping all of the time is normal. I have had some puppies that sleep through their vet visit. Usually though, by their second visit a month later they are crazy puppies.

As long as Marley is eating ok and does not have vomiting and diarrhea and is gaining weight then I am not worried.

Have fun with him!

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8328 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23083 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (11384 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (16121 views)

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (76820 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (9532 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4905 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (10027 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (33984 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12126 views)