Puppy sleeps all the time.

Breed: schnauzer
Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7 weeks old. But all he does is sleep, we have another puppy too. We got them from the same person, but they were in different litters. The two like to play together. She said Marley was the runt Marley though is always sleeping and you have to wake him up to do anything. He wont get up on his own. Is this normal?

For some puppies, sleeping all of the time is normal. I have had some puppies that sleep through their vet visit. Usually though, by their second visit a month later they are crazy puppies.

As long as Marley is eating ok and does not have vomiting and diarrhea and is gaining weight then I am not worried.

Have fun with him!

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (6934 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (7916 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (10719 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (10659 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10692 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (11570 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (9044 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (31064 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (21966 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (13562 views)