Puppy sleeps all the time.

Breed: schnauzer
Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7 weeks old. But all he does is sleep, we have another puppy too. We got them from the same person, but they were in different litters. The two like to play together. She said Marley was the runt Marley though is always sleeping and you have to wake him up to do anything. He wont get up on his own. Is this normal?

For some puppies, sleeping all of the time is normal. I have had some puppies that sleep through their vet visit. Usually though, by their second visit a month later they are crazy puppies.

As long as Marley is eating ok and does not have vomiting and diarrhea and is gaining weight then I am not worried.

Have fun with him!

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (26439 views)

Lumps on hips. My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at... (15537 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18816 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37499 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (8561 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10937 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14774 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (26932 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (15011 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11880 views)