Puppy sleeps all the time.

Breed: schnauzer
Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7 weeks old. But all he does is sleep, we have another puppy too. We got them from the same person, but they were in different litters. The two like to play together. She said Marley was the runt Marley though is always sleeping and you have to wake him up to do anything. He wont get up on his own. Is this normal?

For some puppies, sleeping all of the time is normal. I have had some puppies that sleep through their vet visit. Usually though, by their second visit a month later they are crazy puppies.

As long as Marley is eating ok and does not have vomiting and diarrhea and is gaining weight then I am not worried.

Have fun with him!

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (9394 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (16919 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (12717 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (17082 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (64821 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (13869 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5184 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (48485 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (44335 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (61646 views)