Puppy sleeps all the time.

Breed: schnauzer
Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7 weeks old. But all he does is sleep, we have another puppy too. We got them from the same person, but they were in different litters. The two like to play together. She said Marley was the runt Marley though is always sleeping and you have to wake him up to do anything. He wont get up on his own. Is this normal?

For some puppies, sleeping all of the time is normal. I have had some puppies that sleep through their vet visit. Usually though, by their second visit a month later they are crazy puppies.

As long as Marley is eating ok and does not have vomiting and diarrhea and is gaining weight then I am not worried.

Have fun with him!

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9182 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (6992 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6560 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (30934 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (16461 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (16974 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (14557 views)

Dog ate a feminine pad. My Boyfriend's Dog scooter is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He is about 4 years old.... (148134 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5102 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (28759 views)