First heat cycle in dogs.

Breed: chiuahuah
when do chiuahuahs have their first heat cycle

Any dog can have their first heat cycle any time after 6 months of age. For small breed dogs, generally the first heat comes around 8-12 months, but sometimes it can be even later than that.

Ideally, it is best to have a dog spayed before they go through their first heat cycle. This will greatly reduce the risk of getting breast cancer later on in life.

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10574 views)

Dog won't gain weight. Our boy, Zidane, was born May 19, 2009, which makes Zidane almost 18 months old. He... (13152 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8999 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (6107 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (8034 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (6357 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6583 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6450 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11941 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7945 views)