First heat cycle in dogs.

Breed: chiuahuah
when do chiuahuahs have their first heat cycle

Any dog can have their first heat cycle any time after 6 months of age. For small breed dogs, generally the first heat comes around 8-12 months, but sometimes it can be even later than that.

Ideally, it is best to have a dog spayed before they go through their first heat cycle. This will greatly reduce the risk of getting breast cancer later on in life.

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (12005 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (8455 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (12106 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (19486 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (35388 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (19170 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (9685 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (9274 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (71754 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (7026 views)