First heat cycle in dogs.

Breed: chiuahuah
when do chiuahuahs have their first heat cycle

Any dog can have their first heat cycle any time after 6 months of age. For small breed dogs, generally the first heat comes around 8-12 months, but sometimes it can be even later than that.

Ideally, it is best to have a dog spayed before they go through their first heat cycle. This will greatly reduce the risk of getting breast cancer later on in life.

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (25623 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (12642 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (10503 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (12243 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (6508 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (12639 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (6807 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (18894 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (10517 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (26777 views)