First heat cycle in dogs.

Breed: chiuahuah
when do chiuahuahs have their first heat cycle

Any dog can have their first heat cycle any time after 6 months of age. For small breed dogs, generally the first heat comes around 8-12 months, but sometimes it can be even later than that.

Ideally, it is best to have a dog spayed before they go through their first heat cycle. This will greatly reduce the risk of getting breast cancer later on in life.

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (4596 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (7846 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (6590 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (10008 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (3344 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4146 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (3254 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (12823 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (40265 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (35482 views)