First heat cycle in dogs.

Breed: chiuahuah
when do chiuahuahs have their first heat cycle

Any dog can have their first heat cycle any time after 6 months of age. For small breed dogs, generally the first heat comes around 8-12 months, but sometimes it can be even later than that.

Ideally, it is best to have a dog spayed before they go through their first heat cycle. This will greatly reduce the risk of getting breast cancer later on in life.

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8567 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (7873 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (15019 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (47903 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (9962 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (9746 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7359 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35107 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (12311 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14823 views)