Black spot on Hamster's skin.

Breed: hamster
my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a golden hamster and my hamster is coming 3 years of age should i buy him a new cage???????

It's tough to answer this question without seeing your hamster. However I am wondering if what you are seeing is a scent gland.

Golden (syrian) hamsters have scent glands on either side of their body. I have had several clients who had hamsters whose scent glands were mistaken for a wound or growth. Scent glands are totally normal and don't need to be treated.

Sometimes scent glands can get infected. So, if you think this spot is bothersome then it is worthwhile to have your vet take a look.

Hamsters can also get growths and skin wounds. But, my guess is that this is a scent gland.

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (13396 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (11515 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (59023 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (11438 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (27727 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (16145 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (50812 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (6878 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11531 views)

Not using litter box. All of a sudden my cat, has decided to use her litterbox to urinate only. She will... (9398 views)