Kitten is bleeding from vagina.

Breed: i dont know
since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell from her vigina. this normally last for about 3 days every week. at frst i thought it was just a period but its that often now, she cant really sit down on her bum properly. shes get very attached when like this and she tends to walk around alot. should i be worried? or is this normal?

It is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat.

When a cat is in heat we don't usually see any bleeding. Any blood that does appear is usually groomed away right away. There is usually not enough for us to see.

Also, a cat will not go into heat until after 6 months of age.

It's possible that she has a vaginal infection. If she was older I would be worried about a uterus infection or even a tumor in her reproductive tract.

Are you sure the bleeding is coming from her vaginal area? It could be that it is from her anal glands. These glands sit on either side of the anus at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. She may have an infection in one of these glands.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet look at Mojo as soon as possible.

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (17818 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (21529 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9368 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16380 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (6514 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (29989 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (10490 views)

Black bumps in cat's ear. My friend has 3 cats (all unrelated) out of her 6 cats, that all have melanoma's in... (62156 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6380 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (10417 views)