Kitten is bleeding from vagina.

Breed: i dont know
since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell from her vigina. this normally last for about 3 days every week. at frst i thought it was just a period but its that often now, she cant really sit down on her bum properly. shes get very attached when like this and she tends to walk around alot. should i be worried? or is this normal?

It is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat.

When a cat is in heat we don't usually see any bleeding. Any blood that does appear is usually groomed away right away. There is usually not enough for us to see.

Also, a cat will not go into heat until after 6 months of age.

It's possible that she has a vaginal infection. If she was older I would be worried about a uterus infection or even a tumor in her reproductive tract.

Are you sure the bleeding is coming from her vaginal area? It could be that it is from her anal glands. These glands sit on either side of the anus at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. She may have an infection in one of these glands.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet look at Mojo as soon as possible.

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14671 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4625 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (52442 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (13430 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (18351 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10235 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (7164 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (6053 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14230 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (5965 views)