Kitten is bleeding from vagina.

Breed: i dont know
since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell from her vigina. this normally last for about 3 days every week. at frst i thought it was just a period but its that often now, she cant really sit down on her bum properly. shes get very attached when like this and she tends to walk around alot. should i be worried? or is this normal?

It is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat.

When a cat is in heat we don't usually see any bleeding. Any blood that does appear is usually groomed away right away. There is usually not enough for us to see.

Also, a cat will not go into heat until after 6 months of age.

It's possible that she has a vaginal infection. If she was older I would be worried about a uterus infection or even a tumor in her reproductive tract.

Are you sure the bleeding is coming from her vaginal area? It could be that it is from her anal glands. These glands sit on either side of the anus at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. She may have an infection in one of these glands.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet look at Mojo as soon as possible.

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (14571 views)

Dog has hotspots from fleas. In August my dog started scratching and biting creating hotspots. She has been... (8112 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (152102 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10619 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (7862 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (5835 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30763 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (9965 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (43393 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18687 views)