Kitten is bleeding from vagina.

Breed: i dont know
since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell from her vigina. this normally last for about 3 days every week. at frst i thought it was just a period but its that often now, she cant really sit down on her bum properly. shes get very attached when like this and she tends to walk around alot. should i be worried? or is this normal?

It is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat.

When a cat is in heat we don't usually see any bleeding. Any blood that does appear is usually groomed away right away. There is usually not enough for us to see.

Also, a cat will not go into heat until after 6 months of age.

It's possible that she has a vaginal infection. If she was older I would be worried about a uterus infection or even a tumor in her reproductive tract.

Are you sure the bleeding is coming from her vaginal area? It could be that it is from her anal glands. These glands sit on either side of the anus at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. She may have an infection in one of these glands.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet look at Mojo as soon as possible.

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (16104 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (5281 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (10719 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (12599 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (6906 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (15856 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (7646 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (9821 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (7923 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (12103 views)