Kitten is bleeding from vagina.

Breed: i dont know
since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell from her vigina. this normally last for about 3 days every week. at frst i thought it was just a period but its that often now, she cant really sit down on her bum properly. shes get very attached when like this and she tends to walk around alot. should i be worried? or is this normal?

It is not normal to see vaginal bleeding in a cat.

When a cat is in heat we don't usually see any bleeding. Any blood that does appear is usually groomed away right away. There is usually not enough for us to see.

Also, a cat will not go into heat until after 6 months of age.

It's possible that she has a vaginal infection. If she was older I would be worried about a uterus infection or even a tumor in her reproductive tract.

Are you sure the bleeding is coming from her vaginal area? It could be that it is from her anal glands. These glands sit on either side of the anus at about the 4 and 8 o'clock positions. She may have an infection in one of these glands.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet look at Mojo as soon as possible.

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (30923 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (22784 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (5438 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10701 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (9310 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31638 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10575 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (13614 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (16766 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10349 views)