Raw skin on nose.

Breed: shiba inu
My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him licking it constantly creates a white film on his nose)It smells bad/rotten when I smell it.

We got topical antibiotics/oral antibiotics/steroids about a year ago for treatment of a nose infection. They seemed to work a little but once the supply ran out, the "infection" was back in full force.

This week he has formed a cyst between his toes, not sure if related but is also a concern.

Please help!

Oh, this doesn't sound good. I'm concerned that Ronin could have a serious autoimmune condition affecting his nose such as discoid lupus or pemphigus. These conditions cause ulcerations on the nose (and often the feet or ears or mouth as well). The ulcerated area can become infected.

Unfortunately there is no cure for either condition but they can usually be managed with steroids.

Because you are noticing a bad smell I think an infection is quite likely.

Hopefully you can have a vet see him really soon!

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (160480 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (7099 views)

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (13634 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (18916 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9151 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (15227 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (21147 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (4238 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (28675 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (45316 views)