Raw skin on nose.

Breed: shiba inu
My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him licking it constantly creates a white film on his nose)It smells bad/rotten when I smell it.

We got topical antibiotics/oral antibiotics/steroids about a year ago for treatment of a nose infection. They seemed to work a little but once the supply ran out, the "infection" was back in full force.

This week he has formed a cyst between his toes, not sure if related but is also a concern.

Please help!

Oh, this doesn't sound good. I'm concerned that Ronin could have a serious autoimmune condition affecting his nose such as discoid lupus or pemphigus. These conditions cause ulcerations on the nose (and often the feet or ears or mouth as well). The ulcerated area can become infected.

Unfortunately there is no cure for either condition but they can usually be managed with steroids.

Because you are noticing a bad smell I think an infection is quite likely.

Hopefully you can have a vet see him really soon!

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (39404 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (7679 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (10190 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (15796 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (9852 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (17579 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (8283 views)

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (24574 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (58229 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (5356 views)