Raw skin on nose.

Breed: shiba inu
My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him licking it constantly creates a white film on his nose)It smells bad/rotten when I smell it.

We got topical antibiotics/oral antibiotics/steroids about a year ago for treatment of a nose infection. They seemed to work a little but once the supply ran out, the "infection" was back in full force.

This week he has formed a cyst between his toes, not sure if related but is also a concern.

Please help!

Oh, this doesn't sound good. I'm concerned that Ronin could have a serious autoimmune condition affecting his nose such as discoid lupus or pemphigus. These conditions cause ulcerations on the nose (and often the feet or ears or mouth as well). The ulcerated area can become infected.

Unfortunately there is no cure for either condition but they can usually be managed with steroids.

Because you are noticing a bad smell I think an infection is quite likely.

Hopefully you can have a vet see him really soon!

Large red spots on dog's stomach. When I got home from work today, my dog had several large red spots on his stomach.... (139670 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (10212 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (7923 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (11316 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (7002 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (10589 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (6357 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (5046 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (8128 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (9117 views)