Mass on dog's cheek.

Breed: Chihuahua
My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was just fatty tissue older dogs get. It now has a small hole and what appears to be blood is draining out however it has a sour smell. She keeps scratching it and licking her nails clean. Not sure if I should take her into a vet or not. Anything helps thanks

I'm wondering if what you are describing is a carnassial tooth abscess. Here are some other previously asked questions that may help you:

My dog has a bump under one eye

My dog's eye swelled up">

My dog has a large swelling on her face

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (18881 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (10348 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (21880 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (6383 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (8288 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (6016 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7307 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (25016 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (29182 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11451 views)