Mass on dog's cheek.

Breed: Chihuahua
My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was just fatty tissue older dogs get. It now has a small hole and what appears to be blood is draining out however it has a sour smell. She keeps scratching it and licking her nails clean. Not sure if I should take her into a vet or not. Anything helps thanks

I'm wondering if what you are describing is a carnassial tooth abscess. Here are some other previously asked questions that may help you:

My dog has a bump under one eye

My dog's eye swelled up">

My dog has a large swelling on her face

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (6097 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (27782 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (9004 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (11700 views)

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (15564 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (11279 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (6194 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (18746 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (5975 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (12841 views)