Mass on dog's cheek.

Breed: Chihuahua
My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was just fatty tissue older dogs get. It now has a small hole and what appears to be blood is draining out however it has a sour smell. She keeps scratching it and licking her nails clean. Not sure if I should take her into a vet or not. Anything helps thanks

I'm wondering if what you are describing is a carnassial tooth abscess. Here are some other previously asked questions that may help you:

My dog has a bump under one eye

My dog's eye swelled up">

My dog has a large swelling on her face

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (32927 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9027 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (9848 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9267 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (84294 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (10015 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18671 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (8897 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8458 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (19677 views)