Swollen vulva.

Breed: Rar Terrier
"I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal that her front private is so huge! http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h3spsi.jpg please answer!I'm really worried"

Thanks for the photo. I've included it here:

swollen vulva

It certainly does look like Sammy has a swollen vulva. If this is the case then there is a good chance that she is coming in to heat. Any time after 5-6 months of age a dog can come into heat. You will likely notice some bleeding for a week or two.

At this time she will be fertile to males so make sure she stays away. We don't want a 6 month old dog getting pregnant!

Once she is finished her heat, wait a month or so and I would highly advise having her spayed.

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (5331 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (21927 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (6395 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (18333 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (7141 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (5875 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (11862 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (3318 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (6619 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (10817 views)