Swollen vulva.

Breed: Rar Terrier
"I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal that her front private is so huge! http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h3spsi.jpg please answer!I'm really worried"

Thanks for the photo. I've included it here:

swollen vulva

It certainly does look like Sammy has a swollen vulva. If this is the case then there is a good chance that she is coming in to heat. Any time after 5-6 months of age a dog can come into heat. You will likely notice some bleeding for a week or two.

At this time she will be fertile to males so make sure she stays away. We don't want a 6 month old dog getting pregnant!

Once she is finished her heat, wait a month or so and I would highly advise having her spayed.

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (47933 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (9737 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (12440 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (6877 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (12522 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (10575 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (15597 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (12794 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (10961 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (37621 views)