Swollen vulva.

Breed: Rar Terrier
"I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal that her front private is so huge! http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h3spsi.jpg please answer!I'm really worried"

Thanks for the photo. I've included it here:

swollen vulva

It certainly does look like Sammy has a swollen vulva. If this is the case then there is a good chance that she is coming in to heat. Any time after 5-6 months of age a dog can come into heat. You will likely notice some bleeding for a week or two.

At this time she will be fertile to males so make sure she stays away. We don't want a 6 month old dog getting pregnant!

Once she is finished her heat, wait a month or so and I would highly advise having her spayed.

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (5185 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (9983 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (7996 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (7895 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (7196 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (23119 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (132900 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (18454 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (9479 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (3271 views)