Swollen vulva.

Breed: Rar Terrier
"I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal that her front private is so huge! http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h3spsi.jpg please answer!I'm really worried"

Thanks for the photo. I've included it here:

swollen vulva

It certainly does look like Sammy has a swollen vulva. If this is the case then there is a good chance that she is coming in to heat. Any time after 5-6 months of age a dog can come into heat. You will likely notice some bleeding for a week or two.

At this time she will be fertile to males so make sure she stays away. We don't want a 6 month old dog getting pregnant!

Once she is finished her heat, wait a month or so and I would highly advise having her spayed.

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (9404 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (17099 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (10425 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (91060 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (11653 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (14432 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (51146 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (15775 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (9393 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (4137 views)