Swollen vulva.

Breed: Rar Terrier
"I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal that her front private is so huge! http://oi45.tinypic.com/2h3spsi.jpg please answer!I'm really worried"

Thanks for the photo. I've included it here:

swollen vulva

It certainly does look like Sammy has a swollen vulva. If this is the case then there is a good chance that she is coming in to heat. Any time after 5-6 months of age a dog can come into heat. You will likely notice some bleeding for a week or two.

At this time she will be fertile to males so make sure she stays away. We don't want a 6 month old dog getting pregnant!

Once she is finished her heat, wait a month or so and I would highly advise having her spayed.

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (4730 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (14870 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (8347 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (5493 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (175212 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (3455 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (3775 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (5122 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (14021 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (4779 views)