Worms in dog's poop.

Breed: Shiba Inu mix
My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about two days ago, it comes and goes. One day there will be worms, the next there wouldn't be. I was wondering what type of worm it is and how can I treat. My husband and I do not make enough money so going to the vet is very expensive. We see a slimy white worm. I think it is a tapeworm but I am not sure. I would like to know how she feels, I want to know if it's hurting her in any way. We only had her for about 2 weeks. Please help!

The only way to know what parasites are there is to have your vet do a fecal exam. This test can usually do a good job of determining what parasites are present.

In most places you can buy a routine dewormer over the counter (i.e. at a pet store). This will get rid of the more common parasites such as roundworms. For most of these dewormers you need to administer it once and then repeat it 2 weeks later. But, keep in mind that these dewormers don't get every type of parasite.

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (10300 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (11983 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (225919 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (9817 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (11807 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (10935 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (11578 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (9800 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (4888 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (53567 views)