Worms in dog's poop.

Breed: Shiba Inu mix
My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about two days ago, it comes and goes. One day there will be worms, the next there wouldn't be. I was wondering what type of worm it is and how can I treat. My husband and I do not make enough money so going to the vet is very expensive. We see a slimy white worm. I think it is a tapeworm but I am not sure. I would like to know how she feels, I want to know if it's hurting her in any way. We only had her for about 2 weeks. Please help!

The only way to know what parasites are there is to have your vet do a fecal exam. This test can usually do a good job of determining what parasites are present.

In most places you can buy a routine dewormer over the counter (i.e. at a pet store). This will get rid of the more common parasites such as roundworms. For most of these dewormers you need to administer it once and then repeat it 2 weeks later. But, keep in mind that these dewormers don't get every type of parasite.

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10052 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (35559 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (12720 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (6404 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (22069 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15141 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (8477 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (6954 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (10521 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31036 views)