Worms in dog's poop.

Breed: Shiba Inu mix
My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about two days ago, it comes and goes. One day there will be worms, the next there wouldn't be. I was wondering what type of worm it is and how can I treat. My husband and I do not make enough money so going to the vet is very expensive. We see a slimy white worm. I think it is a tapeworm but I am not sure. I would like to know how she feels, I want to know if it's hurting her in any way. We only had her for about 2 weeks. Please help!

The only way to know what parasites are there is to have your vet do a fecal exam. This test can usually do a good job of determining what parasites are present.

In most places you can buy a routine dewormer over the counter (i.e. at a pet store). This will get rid of the more common parasites such as roundworms. For most of these dewormers you need to administer it once and then repeat it 2 weeks later. But, keep in mind that these dewormers don't get every type of parasite.

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (9763 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (32904 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (25511 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (112580 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (68243 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (193995 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (22601 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (3902 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (19250 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (10928 views)