Worms in dog's poop.

Breed: Shiba Inu mix
My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about two days ago, it comes and goes. One day there will be worms, the next there wouldn't be. I was wondering what type of worm it is and how can I treat. My husband and I do not make enough money so going to the vet is very expensive. We see a slimy white worm. I think it is a tapeworm but I am not sure. I would like to know how she feels, I want to know if it's hurting her in any way. We only had her for about 2 weeks. Please help!

The only way to know what parasites are there is to have your vet do a fecal exam. This test can usually do a good job of determining what parasites are present.

In most places you can buy a routine dewormer over the counter (i.e. at a pet store). This will get rid of the more common parasites such as roundworms. For most of these dewormers you need to administer it once and then repeat it 2 weeks later. But, keep in mind that these dewormers don't get every type of parasite.

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (29552 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (11633 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (24194 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (7454 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8815 views)

Liver cancer questions. My dog Penny was on trilo for Cushings - Dec 2010- then she went into Addisons went... (7013 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10625 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (10398 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (13836 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6826 views)