Dime sized sore above eye.

Breed: Devon Rex
Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide (doesn't mind)and Eqyss mega--tek for skin, coat and paws (he hates). Since he is a devon Rex he doesn't have a lot of fur on his face. I can't get him to quit scratching long enough to heal. What OTC rx can I put on. I'm home and can put on often. He constantly washes because it bothers him.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry to hear that Turbo is having some problems. It's hard to say what this sore is without seeing it but it's a bit frustrating that it is not going away.

There is a possibility that it is simply an area of infection. It may have started off with a scratch or even an insect bite and now it is infected. Unfortunately when cats get skin infections they almost always need antibiotics prescribed by the vet. It won't hurt to put a small amount of neosporin or polysporin on the area three times daily but usually if there is a non-healing wound then we need something stronger.

It is also possible that this is something called an eosinophilic plaque. We don't know why cats get these but we believe it is related somehow to the immune system and possibly allergies. Again, however, there is no home remedy. Most cats need a steroid injection (and sometimes two) to clear these up.

It sounds like you are doing all of the right things but if it is not clearing up then a vet visit is the best bet.

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (137815 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (7024 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9927 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (11272 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (15179 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (54015 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (31525 views)

Time to put to sleep? I adopted my cat about 1.5yrs ago. When I adopted her I was told she was 3 yrs old;... (15515 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (13092 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (11629 views)