Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (112346 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (8611 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (25736 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (28697 views)

Swollen neck on a cat. my 4 month old male cat, desexed vaccinated and everything one more shot to go tho.... (5900 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (12815 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (19551 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20591 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (32251 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8662 views)