Dog ate chocolate?

ask a vet

Cat is killing lizards.

Species: Cat
Breed: cat
Age: 1-2 years
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.


Online vet, Dr. Marie

Dr. Marie replied:

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Dr. Marie.

---This question was asked in our Ask A Vet For Free section.---


Do you have a pet website? Interested in learning more about SEO for Wix?


Check out our dog age calculator and cat age calculator.

Want to receive pet coupons, vet advice and info on new pet products in your inbox?

* indicates required

We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. Unsubscribe any time.

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. AskAVetQuestion.com and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Search for similar questions:

ask a vet

Popular questions...

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (15062 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (23495 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (47757 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (13426 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (9382 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (75577 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8888 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (7282 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (17389 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13139 views)

See all questions...

Dr. MarieDr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. She has been a vet since 1999.

Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? No! But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. While Dr. Marie can't officially diagnose your pet or prescribe medications, she can often advise you on whether a vet visit is necessary. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition.