Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (10520 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (14244 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (25121 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (35027 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (10004 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (7464 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (28161 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (20423 views)

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (16077 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (22599 views)