Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (8980 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (26170 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5752 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (18858 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (23542 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5916 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (9154 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (25530 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (16316 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (9310 views)