Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (15434 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (8820 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10784 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (4669 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (21597 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (10246 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9613 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8163 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (4620 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (26031 views)