Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (15062 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (23495 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (47757 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (13426 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (9382 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (75577 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8888 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (7282 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (17389 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13139 views)