Cat is killing lizards.

Breed: cat
My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water but it dose not work. I am now looking for a toy lizard that moves around and gives a small eletric shock when touched. i belive this will train my cat not to kill lizards as she will be to scared to touch them. Where can i find a toy like that. From Kym the Animal lover.

Thanks for an interesting question!

I am not aware of any toys like what you have described.

However one thing you could do is get some Bitter Apple and spray it on either a Lizzard Toy or even on a dead lizard (i.e. one that she has killed.

This spray tastes awful and she will quickly learn that eating lizards is no longer fun!

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (5019 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (27918 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12594 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5463 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (10182 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (7889 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7362 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (22386 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (77602 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6665 views)