Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (12045 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (9100 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (56047 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (11916 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (8147 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (9611 views)

Puppy not eating. Hello my 7 month old pup just recently started to eat less. This just started 2... (30172 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (18810 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (22002 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (23028 views)