Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (14380 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (12788 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (8958 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (12442 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (11333 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (30569 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (10359 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (23726 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (6783 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (6287 views)