Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (10734 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (14571 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9008 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7070 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (26118 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (10787 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (17678 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (5052 views)

Aural Hematoma my 12 yr old italian greyhound's ear is puffy. not the inner ear but the ear itself.... (9467 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7209 views)