Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21661 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15064 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18560 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10391 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (19927 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (7666 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10528 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (12943 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (7914 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (7794 views)