Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (10130 views)

Kidney problem or diabetes? Hi Dr Marie, Hicks is 17 years old now. Still moderately active. 2 years ago, she... (5644 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (13843 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (12250 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (13357 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (10852 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (14418 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (16846 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (9437 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (8168 views)