Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (42816 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15268 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (7161 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12862 views)

Losing weight and hungry. My dog Knock has lost a lot of weight, he currently weighs about thirty pounds and... (14512 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11722 views)

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (11570 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (10040 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (36243 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (22260 views)