Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism.

Breed: Mini French Poodle
I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle outside( descended ), our vet tells us that the other one is inside his abdomen and says he has a risk of acquiring cancer or something. They tell us they could inject him with testosterone or some kind of harmone that may be able to help it descend, we don't know what to do because we don't wanna waste money on something that won't work.
They also say they could send him to get it surgically removed from his abdomen.
So please tell us what we should do.

There is no evidence that I am aware of that says that injecting testosterone will cause an undescended testicle to drop. This testicle really does need to be surgically removed.

I've written an entire article on this, which you can read here:

Cryptorchidism in dogs.

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (14889 views)

Great Dane not eating. Dr. Marie, my dog molly just recently started not eating dog food or drinking and... (12364 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (32359 views)

Chemical castration of dogs. What would be the benefits of Zinc neutering using Zinc Gluconate offered by Ark... (15532 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (84409 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (29174 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (9162 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (17491 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (7420 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (13366 views)