Hamster cough.

Breed: syrain
Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a cough?

There are a number of things that can cause a hamster to cough. Sometimes an allergy can cause this. Is his bedding changed regularly? If bedding gets mouldy or dusty this can affect a hamster's breathing.

If the humidity in the room is too high (>80%) or too low (<20%) this can be a cause as well.

Hamsters can get bacterial infections in their lungs as well.

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (6635 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12767 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9759 views)

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10832 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5708 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (15744 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (5638 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9973 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10851 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (50000 views)