Hamster cough.

Breed: syrain
Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a cough?

There are a number of things that can cause a hamster to cough. Sometimes an allergy can cause this. Is his bedding changed regularly? If bedding gets mouldy or dusty this can affect a hamster's breathing.

If the humidity in the room is too high (>80%) or too low (<20%) this can be a cause as well.

Hamsters can get bacterial infections in their lungs as well.

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (7783 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (23814 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (15397 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (9938 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (18500 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (14323 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (37833 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (20770 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (38627 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (40187 views)