Hamster cough.

Breed: syrain
Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a cough?

There are a number of things that can cause a hamster to cough. Sometimes an allergy can cause this. Is his bedding changed regularly? If bedding gets mouldy or dusty this can affect a hamster's breathing.

If the humidity in the room is too high (>80%) or too low (<20%) this can be a cause as well.

Hamsters can get bacterial infections in their lungs as well.

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (16580 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (6712 views)

Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (11358 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (7373 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23942 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9237 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (7368 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (18649 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (24805 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (18599 views)