Hamster cough.

Breed: syrain
Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a cough?

There are a number of things that can cause a hamster to cough. Sometimes an allergy can cause this. Is his bedding changed regularly? If bedding gets mouldy or dusty this can affect a hamster's breathing.

If the humidity in the room is too high (>80%) or too low (<20%) this can be a cause as well.

Hamsters can get bacterial infections in their lungs as well.

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (10940 views)

Keep ringworm positive cat secluded? Hello. My vet thought my cat caught ringworm from another cat who had it. He had... (4385 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (25542 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (12063 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (9607 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (53505 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (22430 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (4667 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (5242 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (40878 views)