1 week old puppy checkup

Breed: chihuahua
can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and not hurt?

You can take an animal of any age to the vet. While there are certain things we can't check on a 1 week old puppy we can usually tell if there is an injury.

Is your pup nursing ok? If so this is usually a good sign that things are well.

But if you have concerns then yes, it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10397 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (45400 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (28264 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (4665 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (10105 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13304 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (7862 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13158 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (6057 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10568 views)