1 week old puppy checkup

Breed: chihuahua
can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and not hurt?

You can take an animal of any age to the vet. While there are certain things we can't check on a 1 week old puppy we can usually tell if there is an injury.

Is your pup nursing ok? If so this is usually a good sign that things are well.

But if you have concerns then yes, it is a good idea to have your vet take a look.

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (24030 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (37848 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6191 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (8321 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (19533 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4763 views)

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (44417 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (50455 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (231765 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (21919 views)