Get rid of parvo virus.

Breed: Siberian Husky
I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know, and There is a lot of information about it on the internet, but I am finding controversy about a few things, and i was hoping I could get a quick opinion on the matter from you.

We had our young 3 month old husky puppy get parvo and die recently, we have other dogs here and also pregnant and nursing mothers. I am wondering what is the BEST way to get rid of the virus.I have heard 1 part bleach to 30 parts water, I have heard straight bleach, I have heard Lime. and even Fire. What is your best suggestion?

How long does parvo ACTUALLY live in your yard and home, and my main question, Will FIRE, like lighting my yard on fire, kill the parvo? Oh and will the puppies be safe as long as they are nursing on the mother? How long after they stop nursing will they still be protected? Please take your time, I would SUPER appreciate an answer when you get a moment , we just want to make sure out dogs are healthy and we have done all we can do. :)

Here are a number of previously answered questions that should help you to get more information about parvo virus:

Questions about parvo virus.

How long is parvo contagious?

How to disinfect after parvo.

FAQ about parvo.

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43137 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (8526 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (89677 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14760 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (26158 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (23879 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10031 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (7824 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (19246 views)

Hypothyroidism in Sheltie. Hi My dog had a thyroid test and the results came back as .8 which he said was low... (7371 views)