Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (8094 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (10293 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (10468 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (46148 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7843 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (16334 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14937 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9685 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (17854 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (10500 views)