Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (13219 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (10150 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (15825 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (11510 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (55243 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (11421 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (10095 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13933 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (32496 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (7289 views)