Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Need spanish to be a vet? I am wishing to go into the veterinary workforce, and I would love to know if you... (11353 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (10454 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17972 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (16082 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (10769 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9328 views)

Strong smelling urine. i have a male cat an recently his urine has become very strong, he hasnt been done... (11070 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (8021 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (4939 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (100781 views)