Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (8764 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (22724 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (29755 views)

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (25520 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (12005 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (17018 views)

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (46352 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (57508 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (19614 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (18467 views)