Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (14510 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (11630 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (43541 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (11727 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (88892 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (16383 views)

Vomiting kittens. I have two kittens, 6 mo. today. Both have received all vaccinations/shots. We had... (21178 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (13592 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (9465 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (17040 views)