Dog looks depressed.

Breed: Brazilian mastiff
Hello, Dr.
My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the blue! Sometimes he´s playing, but suddenly gets "sad", can´t move easily as if he was sick. When that happens, I give him a pill for muscle pain cause I think that´s the problem as he is big and heavy, and after some time he is ok again. But what is driving me crazy is that he behaves like that more than expected and once I didn´t give him the pill and after a couple of hours he was completely fine, as if he had taken it. Is there any kind of psychological problem related to this? What should I do?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Looking foward to hearing from you,
Nathalie.

This is a tough question to answer without examining your dog.

I'm wondering if he might have a back problem. These can cause pain that comes and goes.

It could also be that he has some stomach cramping.

It doesn't sound like a psychological problem.

If this keeps up then Sena should have an exam with a vet.

I wish I could give you more helpful advice but I would need more information in order to give you a good answer.

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (9196 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (9614 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (7841 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (8851 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (9883 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (4619 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (9600 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (20403 views)

Fly a puppy in cargo? Hi Dr Marie. We live in Halifax and are buying a pup from a breeder in Winnipeg.... (4907 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (34072 views)