Is my cat losing weight?

Breed: mix
My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight according to the scale remains mostly the same, fluctuating between 9 and 10 pounds, although he has been remaining steady at 10 lbs. He still has a healthy appetite, remains affectionate and playful, and has not shown signs of any distress. Could his feel and appearance simply be signs of age? The steady weight reading has me confused. Thanks!

I have seen this before: a cat who has obviously lost weight, but still weighs the same on the scale. Quite often this means that there is some fluid somewhere in the body. If a cat has a buildup of fluid on the lungs or in the abdomen then this is going to contribute to the overall weight. But, we can still see a decrease in the size of the cat.

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have your vet examine Kia and probably do some blood tests. Hope everything is ok!

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (312509 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (20915 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (18177 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (15217 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (22583 views)

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (52064 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (18184 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (8244 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (6506 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (7519 views)