Is my cat losing weight?

Breed: mix
My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight according to the scale remains mostly the same, fluctuating between 9 and 10 pounds, although he has been remaining steady at 10 lbs. He still has a healthy appetite, remains affectionate and playful, and has not shown signs of any distress. Could his feel and appearance simply be signs of age? The steady weight reading has me confused. Thanks!

I have seen this before: a cat who has obviously lost weight, but still weighs the same on the scale. Quite often this means that there is some fluid somewhere in the body. If a cat has a buildup of fluid on the lungs or in the abdomen then this is going to contribute to the overall weight. But, we can still see a decrease in the size of the cat.

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have your vet examine Kia and probably do some blood tests. Hope everything is ok!

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (8358 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (41325 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (120588 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (15819 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (12924 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (21158 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (16706 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (9749 views)

Click in dog's elbow. Hi Dr. I've noticed that sometimes Max's right elbow will creak as he bends it.... (15343 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (11631 views)