Is my cat losing weight?

Breed: mix
My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight according to the scale remains mostly the same, fluctuating between 9 and 10 pounds, although he has been remaining steady at 10 lbs. He still has a healthy appetite, remains affectionate and playful, and has not shown signs of any distress. Could his feel and appearance simply be signs of age? The steady weight reading has me confused. Thanks!

I have seen this before: a cat who has obviously lost weight, but still weighs the same on the scale. Quite often this means that there is some fluid somewhere in the body. If a cat has a buildup of fluid on the lungs or in the abdomen then this is going to contribute to the overall weight. But, we can still see a decrease in the size of the cat.

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have your vet examine Kia and probably do some blood tests. Hope everything is ok!

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (12496 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (12910 views)

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (11541 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16389 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6979 views)

Dog with large tumor on neck. My Dog Re has a large Growth on hes neck, we live 100kms from any vet so with hes... (36650 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (8980 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5669 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (5949 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (9066 views)