Is my cat losing weight?

Breed: mix
My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight according to the scale remains mostly the same, fluctuating between 9 and 10 pounds, although he has been remaining steady at 10 lbs. He still has a healthy appetite, remains affectionate and playful, and has not shown signs of any distress. Could his feel and appearance simply be signs of age? The steady weight reading has me confused. Thanks!

I have seen this before: a cat who has obviously lost weight, but still weighs the same on the scale. Quite often this means that there is some fluid somewhere in the body. If a cat has a buildup of fluid on the lungs or in the abdomen then this is going to contribute to the overall weight. But, we can still see a decrease in the size of the cat.

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have your vet examine Kia and probably do some blood tests. Hope everything is ok!

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7271 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (20921 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10561 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (16832 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (9711 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7567 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (33555 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (14871 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (41734 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (18855 views)