Is my cat losing weight?

Breed: mix
My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight according to the scale remains mostly the same, fluctuating between 9 and 10 pounds, although he has been remaining steady at 10 lbs. He still has a healthy appetite, remains affectionate and playful, and has not shown signs of any distress. Could his feel and appearance simply be signs of age? The steady weight reading has me confused. Thanks!

I have seen this before: a cat who has obviously lost weight, but still weighs the same on the scale. Quite often this means that there is some fluid somewhere in the body. If a cat has a buildup of fluid on the lungs or in the abdomen then this is going to contribute to the overall weight. But, we can still see a decrease in the size of the cat.

It sounds like it would be a great idea to have your vet examine Kia and probably do some blood tests. Hope everything is ok!

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (7454 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (9110 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (17360 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7662 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (7480 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (15272 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23747 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (9187 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9159 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (33927 views)