Mange treatment.

Breed: Labrador Retriever (
Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her lethargic and sick. I have read varying reports about whether or not the red mange is "curable" - from a hydrogen peroxide + borax shampoo to using Interceptor.

Do any of these treatments cure red mange? Is Interceptor a good replacement of Promeris?

Thank you so much for your time!!! :)

There are so many internet claims for things that will cure generalized demodectic mange. No, peroxide or borax will not cure this problem. Most dogs with red mange (generalized demodectic mange) will have it for life, but can usually be managed with medications.

You can get more information on treatments here:

How to treated generalized demodectic mange.

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (11241 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (8449 views)

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (10075 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11201 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37499 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (19517 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (10459 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (20852 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14580 views)

Cat died. Hit by car? My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from... (26013 views)