Mange treatment.

Breed: Labrador Retriever (
Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her lethargic and sick. I have read varying reports about whether or not the red mange is "curable" - from a hydrogen peroxide + borax shampoo to using Interceptor.

Do any of these treatments cure red mange? Is Interceptor a good replacement of Promeris?

Thank you so much for your time!!! :)

There are so many internet claims for things that will cure generalized demodectic mange. No, peroxide or borax will not cure this problem. Most dogs with red mange (generalized demodectic mange) will have it for life, but can usually be managed with medications.

You can get more information on treatments here:

How to treated generalized demodectic mange.

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (13388 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (40916 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6423 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (18287 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8787 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (13641 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (10634 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (39593 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6726 views)

Red spot near vulva. My six-year-old spayed, lab mix has a small red area near her vulva. She bites and... (22894 views)