Mange treatment.

Breed: Labrador Retriever (
Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her lethargic and sick. I have read varying reports about whether or not the red mange is "curable" - from a hydrogen peroxide + borax shampoo to using Interceptor.

Do any of these treatments cure red mange? Is Interceptor a good replacement of Promeris?

Thank you so much for your time!!! :)

There are so many internet claims for things that will cure generalized demodectic mange. No, peroxide or borax will not cure this problem. Most dogs with red mange (generalized demodectic mange) will have it for life, but can usually be managed with medications.

You can get more information on treatments here:

How to treated generalized demodectic mange.

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (24488 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12230 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (9487 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30770 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (16271 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (21387 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (5694 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7688 views)

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (14378 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (17996 views)