Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs.

Breed: yorkie
Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what can i use to kill them without hurting her puppies

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

This has been a bad year for fleas! Personally I think we are seeing more and more fleas each year because there are so many products out there that only kill some of the fleas and not all of them. Therefore, fleas are getting resistant to some of the products out there.

I don't recommend any flea products that you can buy at the pet store.

Flea products that are effective include:

Frontline and Revolution both have labels that say they are safe to use in pregnant animals.

Advantage is believed to be safe for pregnant animals but it is not on the label that it is.

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (9884 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (19022 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (24968 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (7855 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (9533 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (10359 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (16560 views)

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (9043 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (13474 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (18996 views)