Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs.

Breed: yorkie
Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what can i use to kill them without hurting her puppies

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

This has been a bad year for fleas! Personally I think we are seeing more and more fleas each year because there are so many products out there that only kill some of the fleas and not all of them. Therefore, fleas are getting resistant to some of the products out there.

I don't recommend any flea products that you can buy at the pet store.

Flea products that are effective include:

Frontline and Revolution both have labels that say they are safe to use in pregnant animals.

Advantage is believed to be safe for pregnant animals but it is not on the label that it is.

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (69046 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15986 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (302132 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11988 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10520 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11700 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (16469 views)

Wound on cat's paw. When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a... (5774 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (25417 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (19291 views)