Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs.

Breed: yorkie
Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what can i use to kill them without hurting her puppies

Related Article: Your Pet Has Fleas!

This has been a bad year for fleas! Personally I think we are seeing more and more fleas each year because there are so many products out there that only kill some of the fleas and not all of them. Therefore, fleas are getting resistant to some of the products out there.

I don't recommend any flea products that you can buy at the pet store.

Flea products that are effective include:

Frontline and Revolution both have labels that say they are safe to use in pregnant animals.

Advantage is believed to be safe for pregnant animals but it is not on the label that it is.

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (22764 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (10820 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (19111 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (6050 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (20369 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (7587 views)

Wobbly after anesthesia. Hello Dr. Marie, I just have a few questions about Snova...he got shaved for the... (14817 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13094 views)

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (33572 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (23660 views)