Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes.

Breed: mix bobcat
i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard time going potty. she also has goo in her eyes and they get matted if i don't keep them cleaned. this has been going on for about 4 or 5 days now. what can i do? i cannot afford to take her to the vet. please help! thank you.

Your kitten definitely does need to see a vet. Little ones really don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Yellowish diarrhea can often mean a parasite called coccidia. This parasite is not killed by regular dewormers. Your vet will do a fecal examination in the lab and determine if coccidia is a problem and if so, will treat it appropriately.

If she has runny eyes, she may have an upper respiratory infection. While some of these can go away on their own, if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes then this can mean there is an infection present and again, only a prescription medication from the vet is going to work.

This may be a little hard to hear, but you may want to consider surrendering your kitten to a local humane society or rescue association. There is a responsibility that comes with owning a cat and if you are unable to afford veterinary care, then it may be better for this little one to be with a family that can afford it. If this kitten pulls through, you've got another 13-18 years of potential vet bills to be responsible for.

I really hope she does ok.

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (55235 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (26585 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (8511 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (9761 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (40100 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (16575 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (14960 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (8603 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (13723 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (12550 views)