Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes.

Breed: mix bobcat
i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard time going potty. she also has goo in her eyes and they get matted if i don't keep them cleaned. this has been going on for about 4 or 5 days now. what can i do? i cannot afford to take her to the vet. please help! thank you.

Your kitten definitely does need to see a vet. Little ones really don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Yellowish diarrhea can often mean a parasite called coccidia. This parasite is not killed by regular dewormers. Your vet will do a fecal examination in the lab and determine if coccidia is a problem and if so, will treat it appropriately.

If she has runny eyes, she may have an upper respiratory infection. While some of these can go away on their own, if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes then this can mean there is an infection present and again, only a prescription medication from the vet is going to work.

This may be a little hard to hear, but you may want to consider surrendering your kitten to a local humane society or rescue association. There is a responsibility that comes with owning a cat and if you are unable to afford veterinary care, then it may be better for this little one to be with a family that can afford it. If this kitten pulls through, you've got another 13-18 years of potential vet bills to be responsible for.

I really hope she does ok.

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (8170 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (15109 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (16680 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8991 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (8167 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (25957 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10771 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (9294 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (15235 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (8686 views)