Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes.

Breed: mix bobcat
i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard time going potty. she also has goo in her eyes and they get matted if i don't keep them cleaned. this has been going on for about 4 or 5 days now. what can i do? i cannot afford to take her to the vet. please help! thank you.

Your kitten definitely does need to see a vet. Little ones really don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Yellowish diarrhea can often mean a parasite called coccidia. This parasite is not killed by regular dewormers. Your vet will do a fecal examination in the lab and determine if coccidia is a problem and if so, will treat it appropriately.

If she has runny eyes, she may have an upper respiratory infection. While some of these can go away on their own, if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes then this can mean there is an infection present and again, only a prescription medication from the vet is going to work.

This may be a little hard to hear, but you may want to consider surrendering your kitten to a local humane society or rescue association. There is a responsibility that comes with owning a cat and if you are unable to afford veterinary care, then it may be better for this little one to be with a family that can afford it. If this kitten pulls through, you've got another 13-18 years of potential vet bills to be responsible for.

I really hope she does ok.

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (45608 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9100 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (16693 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (6764 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (7277 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7625 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (12937 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (42876 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (228370 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (183986 views)