Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes.

Breed: mix bobcat
i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard time going potty. she also has goo in her eyes and they get matted if i don't keep them cleaned. this has been going on for about 4 or 5 days now. what can i do? i cannot afford to take her to the vet. please help! thank you.

Your kitten definitely does need to see a vet. Little ones really don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Yellowish diarrhea can often mean a parasite called coccidia. This parasite is not killed by regular dewormers. Your vet will do a fecal examination in the lab and determine if coccidia is a problem and if so, will treat it appropriately.

If she has runny eyes, she may have an upper respiratory infection. While some of these can go away on their own, if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes then this can mean there is an infection present and again, only a prescription medication from the vet is going to work.

This may be a little hard to hear, but you may want to consider surrendering your kitten to a local humane society or rescue association. There is a responsibility that comes with owning a cat and if you are unable to afford veterinary care, then it may be better for this little one to be with a family that can afford it. If this kitten pulls through, you've got another 13-18 years of potential vet bills to be responsible for.

I really hope she does ok.

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (10206 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (9978 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (31906 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (4806 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14699 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (13849 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (25950 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (18824 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12439 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13222 views)