Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes.

Breed: mix bobcat
i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard time going potty. she also has goo in her eyes and they get matted if i don't keep them cleaned. this has been going on for about 4 or 5 days now. what can i do? i cannot afford to take her to the vet. please help! thank you.

Your kitten definitely does need to see a vet. Little ones really don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Yellowish diarrhea can often mean a parasite called coccidia. This parasite is not killed by regular dewormers. Your vet will do a fecal examination in the lab and determine if coccidia is a problem and if so, will treat it appropriately.

If she has runny eyes, she may have an upper respiratory infection. While some of these can go away on their own, if you are seeing a green or yellow discharge from the eyes then this can mean there is an infection present and again, only a prescription medication from the vet is going to work.

This may be a little hard to hear, but you may want to consider surrendering your kitten to a local humane society or rescue association. There is a responsibility that comes with owning a cat and if you are unable to afford veterinary care, then it may be better for this little one to be with a family that can afford it. If this kitten pulls through, you've got another 13-18 years of potential vet bills to be responsible for.

I really hope she does ok.

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (29832 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (23726 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6639 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8602 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (41973 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (13093 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17255 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (27670 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (12562 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (13060 views)