Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (18567 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (50113 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (18121 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (13155 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (36412 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (24154 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (94335 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (64906 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (21377 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (31922 views)