Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (7911 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (7778 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (16315 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (8119 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (19624 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (25091 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (6085 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (48779 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (8305 views)

Limping boston terrier. hi my boston terrier wont put any weight on his back right foot. It started of only... (22597 views)