Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Disclaimer: Although Dr. Marie is a qualified veterinarian, the information found on this site is not meant to replace the advice of your own veterinarian. and Dr. Marie do not accept any responsibility for any loss, damage, injury, death, or disease which may arise from reliance on information contained on this site. Do not use information found on this site for diagnosing or treating your pet. Anything you read here is for information only.

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (13759 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (10100 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (4807 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (31339 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (11713 views)

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (13346 views)

Flea problems. My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (7413 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (17663 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (9242 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (7851 views)