Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7528 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (28417 views)

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (15598 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (17095 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (11144 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7234 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (13643 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (12205 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6477 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5283 views)