Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Will I be forced to euthanize? Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (7233 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (10219 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (9942 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (17573 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (13351 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (44838 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (14966 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (12387 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (51640 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (11810 views)