Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (18214 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (10557 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (8954 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (28617 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (28791 views)

Blood tinged urine. Dr. Marie, My cat does not pee in her litterbox. Instead she will pee right... (10056 views)

Dwarf hamsters fighting. HI DOC. , I HAVE 2 DWARF HAMSTERS FEMALES , WHICH I BOUGHT TOGETHER AT A VERY... (13026 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (25767 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (6203 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (9634 views)