Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (12062 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (55342 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (54282 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (43616 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (12575 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (11363 views)

Tapeworm and roundworm meds. Is it safe to give my cat praziquantel for his tapeworm 2 days after I gave him... (33195 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (53005 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (58595 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (17447 views)