Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (10186 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (15045 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (65858 views)

Understanding biopsy report. Hi Dr. Marie, I imagine you are getting sick of hearing from me. I'm... (5093 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (15365 views)

Underweight dog. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs, one of whom, Mushka (mixed breed), has been... (10008 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (27057 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (4914 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (9784 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (7962 views)