Red bugs on my dog.

Breed: goldenlab could have
my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's really only one thing that that is likely and that is fleas. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they are a reddish brown color and would be crawling around the dog.

Now, if there was one large bug, like the size of your little fingernail that was attached then this could be a tick.

In rare cases, dogs can get lice, but I have only seen this twice in 13 years so it is not common.

Here is a good article about fleas to help you know what to do.

---This question was asked in our
Ask A Vet For Free section.---

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (10669 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (9101 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5953 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (32722 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (7638 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (13142 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (10945 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7229 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (6411 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9880 views)