Green penile discharge.

Breed: Alaskan Malamute
Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green discharge coming from his penis that rubs onto his fur on his belly, I have smelt it and it doesnt smell nice, its a foul smell. He licks him self down there. I have bathed it with warm water however I am worried that it might be an infection. He has not been neutered.
Could you help me to what this green discharge might be. It's not as much as to where it drips however it does come out in small blobs, and is causing it to rub onto his fur surrounding his penis and doesnt smell pleasant. Could you help me please?
Kind regards
Zoe

Sometimes, a slight discharge from the penis can be normal. However, if the discharge is a lot, green and smelly then there is a good chance that he has an infection, most likely in his penile sheath.

You will likely need to have your vet examine him, clean the area and then probably prescribe oral antibiotics.

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (17165 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13198 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (22263 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9527 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (12668 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9540 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (63871 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (15831 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (19083 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (20100 views)