Green penile discharge.

Breed: Alaskan Malamute
Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green discharge coming from his penis that rubs onto his fur on his belly, I have smelt it and it doesnt smell nice, its a foul smell. He licks him self down there. I have bathed it with warm water however I am worried that it might be an infection. He has not been neutered.
Could you help me to what this green discharge might be. It's not as much as to where it drips however it does come out in small blobs, and is causing it to rub onto his fur surrounding his penis and doesnt smell pleasant. Could you help me please?
Kind regards
Zoe

Sometimes, a slight discharge from the penis can be normal. However, if the discharge is a lot, green and smelly then there is a good chance that he has an infection, most likely in his penile sheath.

You will likely need to have your vet examine him, clean the area and then probably prescribe oral antibiotics.

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (37568 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (18940 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (27655 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (8006 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (10689 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (10202 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13202 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (32655 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (11574 views)

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (20158 views)