Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (20468 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (22947 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (6969 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (31828 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (12710 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (12235 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (12879 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (9511 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (8684 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (9030 views)