Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (15260 views)

Advil for arthritis? Can you give advil or store brand anti-inflammatories for arthritis or do you have... (21332 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (12490 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (25588 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (12030 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (23574 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (13519 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (19338 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (21612 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (20662 views)