Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (7596 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (117627 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (15419 views)

Abscess on paw. has a very swollen front paw that spilt open between middle toes puss and blood ... (46435 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (9297 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (38794 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (24791 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11548 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (8397 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9397 views)