Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (25435 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (13560 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (12647 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (32272 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (27572 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (8230 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (6951 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (34003 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (59286 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (14943 views)