Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (48458 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (15606 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (15649 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (13524 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (14568 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (14331 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (11670 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (22725 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9927 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (14796 views)