Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (7197 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (14653 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (6780 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (8692 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (11179 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (12877 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (12209 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (20255 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (6508 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (10708 views)