Dog has split her nail.

Breed: chi wa wa
my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do to get her through the nite in case the nerve is exposed

The best thing you can do is to keep the foot covered. A sock fastened with duct tape works really well.

In the morning, if the nail is still bothersome she should see the vet. They may be able to pull of the torn area. If necessary they will dispense some pain medication, and possibly antibiotics.

Hind end pain in beagle. I'm wondering if we need a set of fresh eyes about this ongoing situation, perhaps a... (16332 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8022 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22690 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5329 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (5278 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (36103 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25275 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9702 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (5891 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (7993 views)