Does my dog have rabies?

Breed: mutt
How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates got rabies? We adopted her from the Humane Society. She had 2 other litter mates with her there. It has been 2 months since we got her.

If you've had Izzy for 2 months then I can say for sure that she will not get rabies as a result of her littermates having rabies. Rabies is spread by saliva (i.e. a bite). When a dog gets rabies they die within 10-14 days.

So, if she is still alive now, then you don't need to be concerned about her having rabies. However, I'd definitely recommend getting her vaccinated for rabies as it is around in your area!

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (11400 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (8805 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (6394 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (9044 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (12868 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (22069 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (7497 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (18551 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (32757 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (21961 views)