Does my dog have rabies?

Breed: mutt
How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates got rabies? We adopted her from the Humane Society. She had 2 other litter mates with her there. It has been 2 months since we got her.

If you've had Izzy for 2 months then I can say for sure that she will not get rabies as a result of her littermates having rabies. Rabies is spread by saliva (i.e. a bite). When a dog gets rabies they die within 10-14 days.

So, if she is still alive now, then you don't need to be concerned about her having rabies. However, I'd definitely recommend getting her vaccinated for rabies as it is around in your area!

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (10723 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (5561 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (15050 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (9347 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (10190 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30911 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (35939 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (8489 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (10521 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (69006 views)