Does my dog have rabies?

Breed: mutt
How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates got rabies? We adopted her from the Humane Society. She had 2 other litter mates with her there. It has been 2 months since we got her.

If you've had Izzy for 2 months then I can say for sure that she will not get rabies as a result of her littermates having rabies. Rabies is spread by saliva (i.e. a bite). When a dog gets rabies they die within 10-14 days.

So, if she is still alive now, then you don't need to be concerned about her having rabies. However, I'd definitely recommend getting her vaccinated for rabies as it is around in your area!

calamine lotion on dogs Doeden has a itchy rash, raised pale bumps, on the back of his neck; I put on some... (97779 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9503 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (70914 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (26353 views)

Double dose Metacam. We accidently gave our dog two doses of metacam. He is 80 pounds. We give him 1.5... (56115 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (13145 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (34692 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (9708 views)

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (12785 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (5526 views)