Does my dog have rabies?

Breed: mutt
How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates got rabies? We adopted her from the Humane Society. She had 2 other litter mates with her there. It has been 2 months since we got her.

If you've had Izzy for 2 months then I can say for sure that she will not get rabies as a result of her littermates having rabies. Rabies is spread by saliva (i.e. a bite). When a dog gets rabies they die within 10-14 days.

So, if she is still alive now, then you don't need to be concerned about her having rabies. However, I'd definitely recommend getting her vaccinated for rabies as it is around in your area!

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (7161 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (23588 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (23105 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (55388 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (16977 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10284 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12486 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (24084 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10703 views)

Lump under dog's eye? Hello, A couple days ago I noticed a red-pink bump under my dog's right eye. It... (27565 views)