Does my dog have rabies?

Breed: mutt
How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates got rabies? We adopted her from the Humane Society. She had 2 other litter mates with her there. It has been 2 months since we got her.

If you've had Izzy for 2 months then I can say for sure that she will not get rabies as a result of her littermates having rabies. Rabies is spread by saliva (i.e. a bite). When a dog gets rabies they die within 10-14 days.

So, if she is still alive now, then you don't need to be concerned about her having rabies. However, I'd definitely recommend getting her vaccinated for rabies as it is around in your area!

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (10375 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (43601 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (16529 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5886 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (11386 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (25368 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21995 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (28027 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7643 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (33958 views)