How long for Frontline to work

Breed: Tabby
An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing her inside because a neighborhood dog tries to bite her and chases her, but I know she has fleas and I have another cat. I gave my cat (indoor only) Frontline, and I treated my rugs/base boards/furniture with flea repellent. I'm taking the outdoor kitty to the vet next week to have her checked out. What can I do to make sure my home and my indoor kitty remain flea free when I bring the outdoor kitty in? What will my vet do for her? Will frontline really kill all of her fleas? And if so, how quickly? Thank you!

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question!

You are doing all of the right things. Frontline is a very good flea product. Once applied, Frontline will kill all of the fleas within 12 hours. So, you may want to wait for 12 hours before you bring her in the house.

Another idea is to ask your vet to give her a tablet of Capstar when you are there (along with the Frontline). The Capstar will kill the adult fleas almost instantly. And then the Frontline will have residual effect.

It is very important that you treat both cats with Frontline a month from now and two months from now. That way, if any eggs fall off of the new kitty and land on the floor, when they hatch they will be killed right away. These eggs when they hatch will immediately seek out a cat or dog and one they get on a treated animal they will die.

It is also important to note that if you have any other animals in the house that they need to be treated monthly as well.

Hope all goes well!

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (5962 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (38602 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (9796 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7608 views)

Golden Retriever Losing Weight. Hi my dog is 13 years old ,and tough he acts fine ,and goes walking everyday,he has... (17596 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (13600 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (6686 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (10555 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (9815 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (14713 views)