How long for Frontline to work

Breed: Tabby
An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing her inside because a neighborhood dog tries to bite her and chases her, but I know she has fleas and I have another cat. I gave my cat (indoor only) Frontline, and I treated my rugs/base boards/furniture with flea repellent. I'm taking the outdoor kitty to the vet next week to have her checked out. What can I do to make sure my home and my indoor kitty remain flea free when I bring the outdoor kitty in? What will my vet do for her? Will frontline really kill all of her fleas? And if so, how quickly? Thank you!

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question!

You are doing all of the right things. Frontline is a very good flea product. Once applied, Frontline will kill all of the fleas within 12 hours. So, you may want to wait for 12 hours before you bring her in the house.

Another idea is to ask your vet to give her a tablet of Capstar when you are there (along with the Frontline). The Capstar will kill the adult fleas almost instantly. And then the Frontline will have residual effect.

It is very important that you treat both cats with Frontline a month from now and two months from now. That way, if any eggs fall off of the new kitty and land on the floor, when they hatch they will be killed right away. These eggs when they hatch will immediately seek out a cat or dog and one they get on a treated animal they will die.

It is also important to note that if you have any other animals in the house that they need to be treated monthly as well.

Hope all goes well!

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (5523 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (38923 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (43912 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (34279 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (20822 views)

My hamster bites my friends. My hamster dosent bite me ever, he only bites other people. He has never ever... (7599 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (5617 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8107 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (12724 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6321 views)